FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Anyone Had Experience With Raw Denim?

Hey guys,

Anyone here have had experience with raw denim? I think it's really cool, where your jeans fade and become more "personalized" as you wear them more and more. Anybody have any recommendations? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Trend Setter
    Yep, lots.

Have a look at this thread

Dry/Raw Denim Jeans

A
    ny questions, give me a shout. Think there are a few of us on here into raw denim.
    “We have such a heritage in this country. People from other countries, all the R’n'B stars, they come to Savile Row and they’re in immaculate three-piece suits. Then you see British guys and they just can’t seem to dress. We have all these fashion agendas, punk and Vivienne Westwood and everything, but the queue seems to be at Abercrombie & Fitch down the road. That is just heartbreaking to me. Why does everyone want a polo shirt and three-quarter-length combat shorts?”
    David Gandy

FashionBeans Staff
    I think they are better than other types of jean, especially as we get older. They keep the casual asthetic of jeans but with a more refined, grown-up feel.
    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Fashion, Style and Music news and musings: https://twitter.com/#!/ERJ_John

Read my Fashionbeans articles here: http://www.fashionbeans.com/author/evan-john/

Trend Setter
    I've had a pair of raw Nudie Thin Finn's on the go for almost a year now and their starting to look very nice! If you can tolerate the slight odour and only wear them when you're not likely to get messy... drunk and throwing up or near any chicks that may spill their drinks or throw up near them, then go for it! They definitely make wearing denim a challenge.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Yep, lots.

Have a look at this thread

Dry/Raw Denim Jeans

A
    ny questions, give me a shout. Think there are a few of us on here into raw denim.
    Awesome! Wasn't aware of that thread. Should've done a search first.

I do have question- what would you recommend me to get as my first pair? What are a few reputable brands I should look into? I see there are a lot of discussion about Nudie Jeans.

Thanks.

Sam

Style Icon
    Nudie's definitely the one for raw denim; they do a very wide variety of fits and at that price point I believe the quality of their selvedge denim is second to none.

Trend Setter
    I'd say Nudie are probably the first brand people go to for their first foray into raw denim. They haven't let me down. Obviously, there are much better jeans out there but I think they're not bad for the money. If you like them, have a look at the japaanese stuff if you've got deep pockets.

Sorry Sam but completely disagree with your pov re their selvedge denim. It's ok but think Edwin's rainbow and APC are much better at that price. Conversely though, Nudie's range of fits is very good.
    “We have such a heritage in this country. People from other countries, all the R’n'B stars, they come to Savile Row and they’re in immaculate three-piece suits. Then you see British guys and they just can’t seem to dress. We have all these fashion agendas, punk and Vivienne Westwood and everything, but the queue seems to be at Abercrombie & Fitch down the road. That is just heartbreaking to me. Why does everyone want a polo shirt and three-quarter-length combat shorts?”
    David Gandy

Sam

Style Icon
    I thought Edwin and APC were significantly more expensive than Nudie?

Style Icon
    APC is the same price as Nudie's selvedge denim, Edwin's cheaper stuff is also a similar price. Personally I wear Nudies at the moment, but tempted by APC for a future pair.

Sam

Style Icon
    Shows how much I know. My mistake.

+ Reply to Thread