FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Outfit For The Grand National

At it again for some more advice, since i seemingly have the creative palette of a coat hanger.

I need some inspiration for an outfit, that's quite minimal but will look great for the races in Aintree. Any ideas are welcome, just i've got about a budget of £120.

What i've got to work with at the moment is:
    Pair of tan brogues
    White Shirt
    Brown crew neck jumper (Fred Perry)
    Black V-neck jumper (Fred Perry)
    Navy Chinos (look a bit like suit pants, but definitely not the real deal)

Like, ideally i wouldn't mind wearing the brogues with the outfit, the other stuff i don't mind if you ignore.

I was personally thinking of going with just a easy Navy pair of suit pants with the brogues, the white shirt and a standout tie (not sure on the tie colour or pattern) but I'm not really sure if that'll work - any ideas?

Ye so anyway - all ideas welcome, push the budget a bit if you want, i know a tailor well so if you suggest tailoring don't worry about the price - thank you very much.

Fashionisto
    Good lord, is it possible to find a decent suit for around £140? i honestly thought it was gonna be fine to find an olive (not like the riddler) suit thats alright quality in that range, then that went out the window and now i cant find any decent suit thats not black/navy/grey in that range.

That was a rant, im thinking of going to melt with despair however, as i was aiming at this look and its gone probably.

http://redcfa.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Ryan-Gosling-in-Gucci-The-Ides-Of-March-LA-Premiere.jpg

God help me.

EDIT: Any idea also how to make a grey suit really stand out? instead of looking a bit boring and passive.
    Last edited by Anthony; 29-02-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Style Icon
    Why not just go for a nice navy suit? A lush pair of brogues and a well placed pocket square and you'll look dapper. I don't know aha, the races isn't an event I frequent much...

+ Reply to Thread