FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Designer Outlet Stores

Are those designer outlet stores worth going to? Are the prices significantly cheaper than sale prices? Are they mostly previous season stock? Sale stock that didn't sell? Current season stock? Is it a lot of random sizes?

Does anyone have much experience with them? I think i rememer someone on here mentioning a Paul Smith outlet store in Notts once?

Fashionisto
    I went to Bicester outlet village while down south a few weeks ago, picked up a pair of £350 Ralph Lauren jeans for £60! So yes! Very worth it!

Trend Setter
    A friend of mine goes to the John Smedley outlet and has told me she picks up knits for £20....
    “We have such a heritage in this country. People from other countries, all the R’n'B stars, they come to Savile Row and they’re in immaculate three-piece suits. Then you see British guys and they just can’t seem to dress. We have all these fashion agendas, punk and Vivienne Westwood and everything, but the queue seems to be at Abercrombie & Fitch down the road. That is just heartbreaking to me. Why does everyone want a polo shirt and three-quarter-length combat shorts?”
    David Gandy

Trend Setter
    My Girlfriend works in Bicester Village so I visit there every so often. Pretty decent prices, they seem to hand out a lot of discounts as well. Diesel always have nice denim, and with stuff like that most of the denim are timeless pieces so I wouldn't particularly worry about it being last season and so on.

I went to Bicester a few weeks ago and managed to pick up a cable knit from jack Wills for half the RRP. I think you need to look in the right place, some days you might go and find nothing, then others you'll find a few little gems and wonder what you did without those sorts of places.

+ Reply to Thread