FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

What Trench Coat Would You Guys Suggest For The Spring?

It's been a long time since I've visited these forums. However, with winter almost done and spring on the horizon, it looks like I need a jacket for the transitional period between the winter and summer.

I've been looking at trench coats and I feel it would be the best option for me. I'm looking to spend roughly around £100 but I'm willing to be flexible. I'd prefer the classic colours of beige, navy or black. It has to be double-breasted as well as being waist height. Im a large if anyone wants to know, however this exercise is just to nudge me in the right direction

I would also be open to different 'jacket' suggestions...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Last edited by Kash; 06-03-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Sam

Style Icon
    This example from Asos is quite striking, but still very versatile and not too much of a statement:
    ASOS | ASOS Contrast Collar Mac at ASOS
    Don't rule out an alternative colour; khaki or blue would be great choices for the coming season, being on-trend but also wearable, seasonless colours.
    If you're still after a beige or black, they do quite a few over on Asos.

Trend Setter
    If you're prepared to do a bit of detective work and up your budget to about £140, I think you could pick up a vintage Burberry. That would be my choice.
    “We have such a heritage in this country. People from other countries, all the R’n'B stars, they come to Savile Row and they’re in immaculate three-piece suits. Then you see British guys and they just can’t seem to dress. We have all these fashion agendas, punk and Vivienne Westwood and everything, but the queue seems to be at Abercrombie & Fitch down the road. That is just heartbreaking to me. Why does everyone want a polo shirt and three-quarter-length combat shorts?”
    David Gandy

Trend Setter
    A shorter coat, above knee length, double breasted, preferable in blue, however beige, black, and slate grey are also fine. I have a beige trench and though it is the right length, I really lament its single breasted nature, not that it is a bad coat, it is quite well made. I have to get it tailored, though, it has become a little big for me, or at least for my tastes.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This example from Asos is quite striking, but still very versatile and not too much of a statement:
    ASOS | ASOS Contrast Collar Mac at ASOS
    Don't rule out an alternative colour; khaki or blue would be great choices for the coming season, being on-trend but also wearable, seasonless colours.
    If you're still after a beige or black, they do quite a few over on Asos.
    That looks nice and is a decent price but I'd prefer something waist height since I'm going to be wearing this to college and the casual day out.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    If you're prepared to do a bit of detective work and up your budget to about £140, I think you could pick up a vintage Burberry. That would be my choice.
    I would get Burberry but I'm looking for a waist height jacket and hence Burberry wouldn't be my choice unless I bought new. I'm not going to spend £500 on a jacket haha.

I think this mac from Asos would be great, could be worn both casually and formally and matches all your requirements. i think navy is the best colour to get as it doesn't stand out too much and gives you a lot more versatility as to what you can wear it with.

ASOS | ASOS Twill Mac at ASOS

+ Reply to Thread