FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Grey Chinos & How To Style

I'm looking to buy some grey chinos and I was wondering what people thought about pairing them with brown boots and belt? also what kind of top would look best? I want to go for a smart casual look, thanks!

Sam

Style Icon
    Grey with brown is infallible - go for it, absolutely can't go wrong. I mean, you can go wrong, but the colour combination won't be the problem.
    As to tops - a well fitted shirt is nice. Another forumer was talking about pairing a burgundy shirt with grey trousers and brown shoes/belt, and I think that sounds very handsome.
    As it happens, I'm sat in grey chinos myself. Today's outfit was these light grey chinos, dark brown/oxblood chelsea boots/belt, a black and red checked shirt and a darker grey Allsaints shawl neck jumper, topped off with a red/black scarf and tan leather jacket. That might give you some ideas.
    Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking burgundy but I was worried it may clash with the brown. If I did go for burgundy I'd probably wear it with this :
    Paul Smith Jeans | Paul Smith Jeans Pique Polo at ASOS

as I have it sitting in my wardrobe currently, what do you think?

Sam

Style Icon
    Looks great. Brown and burgundy definitely do not clash - far from it, they're actually quite complimentary so go for it.

+ Reply to Thread