FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Men's Leather Jacket Sizing Advice

So, I finally deemed it time in my life to buy a leather jacket.Order one from AllSaints (Raid) but I'm not sure if I got the size right. I went with the medium, but it feels a bit restricting with the arms, generally it's fine, but if I were to do the funky chicken I'd end up with the jacket around my face and it rides up if I stick my arms straight out to the sides. Other than that it feels alright. I could drive in it with little problems.I'm not sure if I'm just not used to leather jackets though and this is perfectly normal/expected? Really I'm just concious that if it is too small I could rip the seams and have a horrible hole under the armpit.

Style Icon
    I'm not sure about this. Can you do it up easily? I remember seeing the jacket you describe in-store, and the leather is quite stiff (not necessarily a bad thing: it's definitely in keeping with the biker jacket's it's modelled on).
    You might be able to contact AS-customer services and see if you can swap it in-store for a larger size. You might then be able to see which you prefer.

Fashionisto
    Pictures? Then we can see if it fits right. I think leather jackets are kinda like blazers in that they are form over function - you should have a bit more freedom than a blazer but it should still be snug and slightly fitted

+ Reply to Thread