FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... Last

Thanks so much for the advice, I'll be scouring the january sales for some boots!

Im thinking of buying this sweater but don't know what to pair it with.

FANCY STITCH HOODED SWEATER - Knitwear - Collection - Man - ZARA United Kingdom

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarko View Post

Virtually anything, navy's a pretty versatile colour. Some grey wool/tweed trousers like these would look great!

ASOS | ASOS Slim Fit Tweed Suit Trousers at ASOS

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarko View Post

I think the hooded sweater is too casual to work with those tweed trousers.

I'd probably go with chinos. The colour that Zara styled them with in the photo works really well. Throw in a pair of chunky worker style boots (to balance the heaviness of the knitwear) and some thick knit marl socks are you are good to go.

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd go for jeans, cords or chinos - something rugged (although I do like a grey tweed trouser, I think it is an option). I'm not personally a fan of grey jeans, and I don't think black would work fantastically here, so I'd opt for a blue that's nearer to black than the jumper but still, you know, blue, or a different colour like beige/camel/stone/whatever or "tobacco". Chinos or cords would be easier as the usual beige/camel/stone/whatever colour suits navy perfectly; all I'll say is that if you opt for cords go for a finer, needle cord style - this will prevent texture clash, and they'll be generally more versatile.

Edit: Also, I'd wear brown, tan or oxblood boots. Something substantial and casual, nothing too shiny. Hiking or brogue boots would be my choices; the cable knit suggests a heritage look, but the hood is more modern so you can get away with being as traditional as you fancy without looking like a geography teacher - good look though that is.
    Last edited by Sam; 10-12-2011 at 09:37 PM.

I don't know about that hoodie- I always think knitwear with a hood looks a bit hobo/hippy.

Something similar but without a hood would be far more versatile imo.

does any one have any suggestions as to what to wear with tabacco coloured trousers ? i was thinking of getting a similar coloured t shirt but that might look a bit much. The only thing i could thing was to wear them with white shirts or white t shirts

Jay

Style Icon
    Blue! Navy especially works well with tans, camels and tobacco colours (basically anything brown). It's almost impossible to go wrong with that colour combo.

And off-whites: creams, oatmeals, fawn etc, etc are great for this AW (and really on trend).

Sam

Style Icon
    Absolutely what Jay said - I'd suggest that pale blue would work as well as navy on brighter days too.
    A good olive green could work quite nicely as well, although it would be a very "country" look depending on the pieces.
    I'd advise against the similar coloured stuff - but what could definitely work is tonal stuff. Pair it with really dark browns or washed out stone tones.

OK guys, bit of a random one for this site probably, but what would you rock with these?

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... Last