FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... Last
    Sam

Style Icon
    Hi mate,

Glad I could help - although I'd just like to clarify that when I speak of shirts made of heavier material and that it's specifically recommendations for a casual look; lighter stuff would also work perfectly, and are the only real option for a smarter look.
    Another thing you might consider is pairing it with yellow, which is fashionable this season, and touched upon in the excellent recent article on colour combinations.
    Something like this perhaps?

Though that's quite a statement and E. Tautz is likely a brand beyond most means! For the right guy however that would be an awesome combination.

Do we have any threads on the wearing "Black with Brown" debate?

Sam

Style Icon
    I believe one poster - Nath, I think - did start a thread on what to wear on your feet with black jeans! Chaos ensued

I think the rub of it is really that traditionally, as espoused by Jay and I, it's a no-no (and that's rooted in good aesthetic sense) but that, like No Brown In Town before it, the rule of no black with brown is losing its footing - I'd actually estimate that the majority of the forum are all for the combination.

Trend Setter
    Christmas scarf. What can I wear with it?

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I believe one poster - Nath, I think - did start a thread on what to wear on your feet with black jeans! Chaos ensued

I think the rub of it is really that traditionally, as espoused by Jay and I, it's a no-no (and that's rooted in good aesthetic sense) but that, like No Brown In Town before it, the rule of no black with brown is losing its footing - I'd actually estimate that the majority of the forum are all for the combination.
    Haha, don't mention that debate!!!

If you're worrying about that combination, I believe the thread was related to "tan desert boots with black jeans". Head over there and you'll see everyone's (rather conflicting) views on the subject.

I'll end it there. No really.

Fashionisto
    In relation to wearing black and brown, i know for a fact i've worn it before and didn't feel uncomfortable wearing it? I may have looked a fool though.

Sam - That coat is far too bold for me, an i don't think i'd feel too comfortable and confident wearing yellow. Just a colour i couldn't see myself wearing, though i've seen it look great on others. Took your advice though on pairing it with a burgundy shirt, although its a bit of a tussle finding a really smooth textured burgundy shirt for around £50 which will last awhile, christmas has cleared me out.

Sam

Style Icon
    Yeah - the sales are going to be a godsend.
    Might make a custom of celebrating Christmas a week late in future
    And yeah, I can imagine a yellow coat isn't going to be for everyone! Just thought I'd mention the trend - I tend to see it the other way round really; yellow as the lower layer. Not normally as bright as that coat either!

Billy - it will go great with your Barbour jacket of course - pair of skinny jeans and perhaps a nice brogue/boot, and you're away. Or you could just swing it over a blazer and jeans/chinos to add a bit of heritage to a basic look, which would be less geography teacher. It's a nice piece.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Billy - it will go great with your Barbour jacket of course - pair of skinny jeans and perhaps a nice brogue/boot, and you're away. Or you could just swing it over a blazer and jeans/chinos to add a bit of heritage to a basic look, which would be less geography teacher. It's a nice piece.
    Great, any colour advice? I rarely wear red and own little clothing in the colour.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Style Icon
    Grey velvet collar blazer - Blazers - Mens Jackets & Coats - Clothing - TOPMAN[386518|207200]&noOfRefinements=1

This grey blazer with a velvet collar?
    At the moment I'm wearing burgandy chinos and a plain white vee neck but its not amazing.

Bought this recently, just wondering if anyone has any ideas what else it can be worn with except the standard denim shirt you see with most tweed blazers? Got some tan brouges and navy skinny jeans, just looking for shirt ideas?

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... Last