FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... Last
    Sam

Style Icon
    It will serve you well

Hi all, first post for me!

I brought some Moncler jogger bottoms the other week, similar to the ones below but in a khaki green kinda colour.

Anyone got an idea of what trainers would suit them best? the bottoms are very tapered at the bottom so I'm thinking some
    slick/slimline trainers??

All ideas welcome! cheers

Sam

Style Icon
    Hey mate,
    I don't tend to like joggers as fashion items, but eye of the beholder and all that.
    What I'll say is that slick/slimline trainers should probably be your first port of call every time you're looking for trainers anyway; bulkier, "skater" styles have a way of making you look like a clueless teenager in these eyes.
    The best way to wear those in my opinion would be with a pair of slim, minimal leather trainers in brown or black, which would look a mile more mature than most other trainers, and much better put together than any other type of shoe. Also, I know I said slim and minimal but if you went for high tops you could sort of hint at a "sporty military boots" look given the khaki green colour, which could be interesting.
    Hope that helps, as ever - however this isn't exactly my area of expertise perhaps one of the other members could point you in the right direction.

So I just bought this:

I was just going to wear it with white shirt, tie and black derby shows however thought I'd come on here and ask if anyone has and ideas which may give this suit a little something extra? thanks in advance!

Sam, i'm with you on not seeing joggers as fashion items but couldn't resist with these!! Also agree on the slick/slimline trainer, a minimal leather brown/black trainer sounds good too. Any recomended brand for this type of trainer without hitting the £200 mark such as the Dior/D&G/Y3 etc..

I've got a pair of brown D&G Hi-Tops in the wardrobe so i'll see how they look, probably won't suit me to well but i'll give them a try! Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by TeeeJ View Post
    So I just bought this:

I was just going to wear it with white shirt, tie and black derby shows however thought I'd come on here and ask if anyone has and ideas which may give this suit a little something extra? thanks in advance!
    Go for some details; pocket square & a tie bar are a good start. It pays to keep it simple with tailoring, but don't be afraid to play with some shirt/tie colour combos.

I assume you are wearing it for a formal even; if not, you can really go mad! I'd go for a t shirt and some loafers, perhaps.

Thanks for the reply! I do have two formal events coming up so a pocket square will probably be the way to go (what pattern or colour go with a grey suit or can you use any?)... But I was thinking of dressing it down on occasion like you said so thanks for the idea! Also just had a thought should I go with black shoes like I said earlier or a light brown brogue?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeeJ View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I do have two formal events coming up so a pocket square will probably be the way to go (what pattern or colour go with a grey suit or can you use any?)... But I was thinking of dressing it down on occasion like you said so thanks for the idea! Also just had a thought should I go with black shoes like I said earlier or a light brown brogue?
    Some tan brogues would be more casual

You can literally wear any pocket square with a grey suit, but the white pocket square / white shirt / black tie / black shoues combo is classic

Don't forget about Bow Ties either!

Olay I think I'm all set! thanks for the help mate... will definitely be sticking around here haha

Bedford Denim Shirt
    i've owned this all saints shirt for months and worn it once. any ideas on what to wear it with beyond the bog standard camel chinos?

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... Last