FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

Extending Blazer Sleeves

My tweed blazer I got off eBay for 7 arrived today. The fit everywhere else is beautiful but the arms aren't quite reaching my down my lanky limbs aha (about an inch at the most too short).

How feasible is it to have these sleeves lengthened? Anyone have any experience of this?

Style Icon
    No experience of it myself, but i know it can be done if there's spare fabric. The only problem is that there can be a line of wear where the old sleeve ended...especially on thick, textured wool, and obviously on second-hand stuff...which could be a problem.

Jay

Style Icon
    It is possible. It's just a matter of how much spare cloth is on the inside of the cuff sleeve. A good tailor can also move buttons down and all but remove signs of the original button positioning (although it won't hold up to close inspection).

Trend Setter
    Yeah, as the guys said, it's not a problem, so long as there is enough wool around the turn. Don't worry about the lining, a tailor will add lining in to make up any shortfall.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Style Icon
    I've just checked and there's a nice amount of material for the tailor to let down, as long as they can make up for the loss of lining. It's such a tiny amount of length that I don't even think it will be neccessary to move the buttons.

Thanks everyone!

+ Reply to Thread