FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    Note that for the look I mentioned to work, the denim has to be exactly the same (to the eye). Otherwise you're completely correct.
    But I do think even the light/dark look is difficult to pull off. It can look like you're dressing like a 40 year old (I see a lot of older men wearing double denim in this way). Hence why I think the suit-like appearance I spoke about can work so much better when pulled off well.

hey, sorry to post a question on your thread but i didnt see the point in starting a 2nd on the same topic.

Has anyone seen / own the allsaints denim jacket?

Denim Trucker Jacket | Soleil Denim Jacket | AllSaints

I want one but am unsure on fit (im a small in all their clothes but only mediums in stock so wasnt sure if it will be to big?) so wanted some advice. also might be of use to OP as its a decent price and colour.

Sam

Style Icon
    Of course, everything comes down to personal opinion. Nonetheless, I retch when I witness double denim ensembles that are too near in wash. Consider that denim is the ultimate in "workwear"; a contrasting look is a casual, off-duty approach to the look, whereas similarly washed pieces almost imply a uniform, which is a more extreme, less palateable look to these eyes.

I've started to collect Levi jackets, I have two blue and one black denim, but i prefer the cordroy ones of which i have two. A nice brown cord jacket goes well with blue levi jeans, defo' vintage jackets only. These are now going up in price even on the dreaded eBay. Firstly think of what you want to wear it with. A nice dark blue levi jacket with off white Chinos maybe. If you're brave or slightly wild (like me) then a pure white cotton Levi jacket is the thing, or a red cord one.

I have this denim shirt:

Which I've been rocking with light wash skinny jeans and knackered grey suede brogues. It looks overly fly.

Come at me bros.

Edit: I think double denim looks should contrast

Sam

Style Icon
    Sounds dope.

+ Reply to Thread