FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Hard Finding Good Print Shirts?

While I like this print shirt trend, I can't help but feel it's really hard to wade through all the garish/twee/goofy designs and find something really classic.

Anyone else finding this?

Basically what I want is paisley or more old style patterns, I don 't mind bright colours or even floral if it's classic, and what I'm seeing is fat computer programmer from Goldeneye (cheap looking Hawaiian), or 16-year-old trying to express himself at a school disco (loads of bikes or sheep or something.)

Anyone seen anything good? Or am I being harsh?

Style Icon
    Mens Casual Shirts | Checked Shirts, Hooded Shirts | AllSaints

Some of the allsaints designs are little more refined. Have a browse and see what you think!

I like some of those but not wild about the sandblasted/rock style of them, though All Saints does have nice stuff this season for sure.

I want something quite bold but where the pattern is uniform and not wacky. I would post an example but can't find one, am sure there must be plenty of good paisley shirts out there though.

I sort of feel with print shirts more than many other items that if you don't spend you'll end up with something made from shitty material that just looks really cheap and nasty.

Trend Setter
    i saw this Zara one in another thread and thought it looked pretty nice.

PRINTED SHIRT - Shirts - Man - ZARA United Kingdom

Sam

Style Icon
    I'd wager it was my post you saw - I bought that. For 23 the detailing is smashing, stuff like red button threads and striped cuff lining. The pattern's nice and the fit is great. Zara have quite a few.
    Don't knock the Hawaiian style; done right it looks amazing, and rather unexpected.

Trend Setter
    Hawes and Curtis are worth a look.

Curtis Fashion Shirts - Hawes & Curtis
    “We have such a heritage in this country. People from other countries, all the R’n'B stars, they come to Savile Row and they’re in immaculate three-piece suits. Then you see British guys and they just can’t seem to dress. We have all these fashion agendas, punk and Vivienne Westwood and everything, but the queue seems to be at Abercrombie & Fitch down the road. That is just heartbreaking to me. Why does everyone want a polo shirt and three-quarter-length combat shorts?”
    David Gandy

Trend Setter
    If your willing to pay the price then end has some good ones, Our legacy, Wood wood and gitman all have a range.

Fashionisto
    What is your price limit? Are you after print like Etro design or something more classical like Paul Smith or Ted Baker?

Trend Setter
    I like that one Sam got from Zara, great shirt for the money which is important for something that doesn't have any longevity. I think All Saints have some nice subtle variations also, or if you have a big budget then you can splash out at places like Coggles for higher end prints.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Hawes and Curtis are worth a look.

Curtis Fashion Shirts - Hawes & Curtis
    Your average bin bag is cut better than a Hawes & Curtis shirt.

+ Reply to Thread