Basic information for novice.
After about 10 years of fashion crimes and serious wardrobe neglect I decided (after almost 12 months of deliberation) to purchase a pair of skinny jeans and found this site by chance looking for suitable footwear. Now I've been completely seduced and a whole new world has been opened up to me. I'm no longer afraid to dress how I've secretly always wanted!! But I'm going to need lots and lots of help because my knowledge on the subject matter is pretty poor and I've got some bad habits...
Now, some of my questions might sound a little bit ridiculous but I honestly don't know, so if someone could be so kind...
1) How can I be 100% certain that a Blazer fits me correctly, or at least fits as close as possible without resorting to a tailor??
2) I've noticed several different collar types, I quite like the look of collars where the points face the shoulders, I think they may be called Windsor collars?? Are these collars strictly formal??
3) Smart casual ensemble - Shirt tucked in or not??
4) Taboo brands?? - If it looks good and it works should I buy it regardless of where it's from and/or who it's made by??
5) Second hand clothes on eBay?? - Acceptable or not??
I would be very grateful for any input.
Thank you so much!!