FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    geo

Trend Setter

Gradual Tan

Not sure if anyone else has tried it but I recently bought James Read's Gradual Tan in Light:

I was hoping for good things with it, seeing as he is the "UK's leading tanning expert" but am slightly underwhelmed - has anyone else tried this?

It also appears to have left my forehead with several tiny spots, so not great at all! Can anyone recommend any tanners for face?

Style Icon
    Get a deck chair and go outside unless you want to look like a wannabe umpalumpa.

geo

Trend Setter
    Think tans have come a long way from oompah loompah days. Plus with real sunbathing, a greater chance of burning/skin cancer/ huge amount of time to get even a hint of colour/chance of actually maintaining it for more than a few days? No thanks.

Realise some people may prefer your option, but my question is actually on self tanners so would prefer to keep it as such..

Style Icon
    Sorry, I did seem very rude!

I have once (only once) tried a self-tanner, and I did find the effects somewhat exaggerated. Having said that, I have used moisteurisers which help to accentuate the effects of the sun and these do have a nice effect. I tend to stick to L'Oreal.

As a whole I have yet to meet anyone (male of female) who has used a tanner of any kind that was believable. They have come a long way though.

Self Tanners

Hey guys.

I found that the self tanner that was voted best self tanner on HOW TO LOOK GOOD NAKEd was really good.
    I used it on my body because I was too scared to venture out my comfort zone and apply it to my face for fear of spots, however it looked really natural and brown, not orange.

Think it was called Make Believe.

Ive found this stuff to be good as well. They also do a less drastic version for fair skin. Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion for Normal to Darker skin | Body Lotion | Normal | Darker |Dove

Fashionisto
    If I were you I'd go for a tinted body lotion like the "Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion" @MattTheMod talked about. My sister actually raves about "Johnsons Holiday Body Lotion" as it builds up a light natural looking tan. I think changing your skin color too drastically is too risky.

i havent used it in a while but i when i did, i found the ted baker healthy self tan very good, it was very light, so it looked very natural, but if you only want a light natural tan, 5 to 6 min a week on the sunbeds are equally as good

+ Reply to Thread