FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Spots

Hi guys,

Anyone got any good products for red spots on the face? I've tried a few high street brands and not found anything great.

Cheers
    Mark J Winter

Nat

Style Icon
    You mean preventing them, clearing them, or covering them up?

I used to find that my diet had a big impact on my skin - lots of sugar or alcohol would wreak havoc.

In terms of clearing a spot that is already there, I always found that I couldn't beat good old fashioned tea tree oil - get a cotton wool pad, soak in hot water, then add a few drops of TTO, and wipe the area. Cleans it and dries it out.

Other than that, could try some man-concealer if you can live with yourself!

Fashionisto
    This might sound weird, but trying Sudocrem might be a good idea if your acne is only mild. A thin layer all over your face a few times a week and just on individual spots the rest of the time. (Preferably at night due to it being bright white!) It should dry them up a treat and reduce the redness!

http://www.boots.com/en/Sudocrem-Antiseptic-Healing-Cream-125g_1666/

J
    oel.

Fashionisto
    i had to give up gluten (wheat products) to get rid of mine. It kind of sucks socially, most people think its weird, but im pimple free, and to me its worth it, coz im a bit vain like that :P

How to Treat Acne | Mark's Daily Apple

i've found changing products often causes my skin to get spots, when i find something that works for me i try to stick with it for a long time. apart from that Tea tree oil is a real gem as Nat said.

I think mate according to my experience and studyy.....u shud use dermatology care if possible an anti irritating cleanser lyk CETAPHIL wud do n using some topical lotion and a DIFFERIN gel at night wud do the trik..BEST OF LUK MATE..

I found a daily exfoliating scrub got rid of mine. I use Biore warming scrub, it's really good and you can buy it from adsa or wherever

Apart from that, just wash hair regularly, stay clean, and resist the urge to touch spots all the time. Just leaving them alone is the best advice I’ve had (apart from when they really need a squeeze of course)

Hi Mark,
    I too have tried many different daily washes including the likes of No. 7, Clearasil, Neutrogena etc. over the years, with not much luck of improving the irritation of spots.
    Recently however, I tried a new cleanser from Murad: http://www.lookmantastic.com/murad-blemish-control-clarifying-cleanser-200ml/10548771.html
    I hadn't heard of the brand before but decided to give it a shot, 3 weeks on and my skin has never been better. At 30 it may seem expensive but I expect itto last me a minimum of 3months, so 10 a month a can deal with.

However, this is not the only product I use during the week, my 'regime' is as follows:

Daily:
    - Murad Cleanser (In the morning - mentioned above) -Dampen face with warm water, then message in to face using circular motions for 30seconds, and rinse off
    - St. Tropez Gradual Tan Moisturizer (In the morning) - This is what I personally use because I'm pale, although it’s not a necessity to have tan, I would suggest investing in a moisturizer of some kind as it keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day.

Weekly:
    - Bulldog Face Scrub (Every Friday) - Excellent Value, which will probably last me at least 6months, this helps open your pores and remove build up, dirt, and dead cells on the top layers of your skin, however I recommend not using it more than twice a week as it can cause your skin to create more oil, which can lead to acne. It basically exfoliates my skin ensuring it looks great for the weekend.

Occasionally:
    - Murad Acne Blemish Spot Treatment - (In the morning and before I go to sleep) - Again this is a bit on the expensive side, but if I get the occasional spot (it happens!) this does reduce the redness and seems to speed up the healing process
    - Any cleansing wipes (I use Garnier) - Sometimes when I'm in work I feel that my face can get dirty/dusty etc. so once I have finished and get home I'll use a cleansing wipe, firstly because its quicker than washing, secondly you don't want to be over washing your face with cleansers and face scrubs etc.

Sorry for the long answer, but this is my regime and I have now gone from having at least 8-15 pimples on my face at a time, to having clear skin where I'm actually getting complimented for my Skin! Some of the products are also quite expensive, but I look at it as an investment that will last me a fewmonths!

If you do decide to give the Murad Cleanser a go, don’t expect miracles the first couple of weeks, make a note of the day you start using it, then see theresults after the first month (I’m currently on my third week and my skin is looking great).

All the products above are available on lookmantastic.com... its a great website that describes what each product does and how to use!

Hope it Helps!
    - Matt

+ Reply to Thread