FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

How To Combat Greasy/Dry Skin?

I am almost frigging 30 years old and still get occasional spots and greasy skin! To add to that, I have started to get a couple of dry patches in what I believe is known as the "T-Zone" which is most unwelcome.

I wash my face with a Simple cleanser every morning when I shower, and use a Simple Cleanser then Toner when I go to bed. I usually shower in the evening prior to this but not always due to time restrictions.

Is it possible that this regime is not helping, or even exacerbating the issue? Should I be moisturising after the toner?

I have just purchased the face wash in the best grooming products article- hoping this will help!

Peace & Relax

Pins

Sam

Style Icon
    Men’s Grooming Problems: Combating Oily Skin | Fashionbeans.comDid you catch that article? It's pretty comprehensive!
    Also, bearing in mind that I'm 17 and have it baaaaaaad, if spots are troubling you it might be worth popping down to see your GP, the stuff they can prescribe there might work better than the over the counter remedies. If you haven't got an over the counter remedy, it could be as simple as that.
    Lastly, watch what you eat. I think that oily foods probably have that effect on the skin - although I'm not certain. Seems likely enough it's something I've remembered rather than imagined though! Can't do any harm anyhow

Fashionisto
    greasy skin can be chemical imbalances in your body. I had pimples for the last 5 years after finishing roaccutane (the hardcore depressive acne drug) and i had to really tighten my diet.

For some people its dairy, others is a gluten intolerance. Try eating more vegges so you wont be as acidic (grains/protein are acidic). Also, try eliminating dairy or grains one at a time for 30 days to see if you notice any difference.

If your really worried, see a doctor.

Thanks guys, will consider what to do next.

I know that diet really does play a part. What I've noticed helps and it's free as well, is when you crack an egg open to cool - keep the shell. The egg white that's left on the insides is great for a 5 minute mask which tightens up your skin and pores and has seem to be making my skin noticeably less greasy give that a try!

I'm suffering from big open pores. Can anyone recommend any special product/solution for it?

One more thing...I use facial scrub and after astrigent (cleaning lotion) and finally moisturizer but I realized my skin is a bit shiny because of moisturizer..shouldn't I use?

+ Reply to Thread