FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

FashionBeans Staff

Bulldog Products

I'm thinking about refining my grooming regime; spending a bit more and sticking to one brand from now on (as opposed to buying whatever is on offer).

I'm liking the look of the Bulldog range but has anyone had an experience of them?

Trend Setter
    I use Bulldog face wash, because it's pretty cheap and actually just as good as much more expensive face washes from Clinique, Clarins etc. What sort of skin do you have Will? One product I'd recommend splashing out on is moisturiser. I've tried quite a lot of different brands for moisturisers, face washes, and exfoliators so depending on your skin type I should be able to recommend you some products!

FashionBeans Staff
    My skin is generally pretty good and I never really have any problems with but it does get a bit oily sometimes; I currently using nivea soft because it was bought for me but I don't think that helps it a great deal, especially when its a bit warm.

Trend Setter
    I tried Bulldig and got breakouts, this it was a bit harsh for me. I'm into 6630, love the brand and the products are incredible.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Trend Setter
    If you have oily skin I really recommend clinque m gel lotion (the one for normal to oily skin).I find it does a good job moisturising without making my face greasy.

Anthony logistics for men have a number of good face washes.

These will cost a good bit more than bulldog products though. I tried the moisturiser and didnt like it. Face wash is fine, smells nice too.

Trend Setter
    See I've tried Clinique and they are probably great for oily skin, but they are definitely inferior when it comes to dry skin. The absolute king in my opinion when it comes to dry skin is Biotherm. I've tried loads of moisturisers and the Biotherm Homme Aquapower was the first one that completely cleared up my dry, flaky skin. Clarins are decent too, just not quite as good.

Like I said earlier though, good moisturisers come at a premium. I try and save money on the face wash because there honestly isn't that much difference between a 5 and a 15 face wash. Also, buy a good exfoliator, which I'd expect will cost somewhere between 15 and 20. If you buy generic high-street products, don't expect good results unless you are really lucky with your skin type, they just don't compete with the more high-end brands.
    Last edited by merc05; 22-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    mmmm, I'm good on the face wash front certainly, think it might be time for me to start investing in moisturiser though, its definitely one of the main reasons I get a greasy face. Thank you for the tips guys, I think i'll investigate clinique products.

+ Reply to Thread