FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

New Hairbond Product

So Hairbond have released a new product called Hair Toffee.

Hairbond Shaper Professional Hair Toffee (100ml) - FREE UK P&P. Buy Now on Smartphones

Not really much info on it, and not even on their site yet, but here's the only example I can see of it in use.
    Sneak Peek: Hairbond Shaper Hair Toffee & More! | thewellgroomed

I've ordered a tub because it has 5 star strength and I think could be what I've been looking for.
    Will update when it arrives.

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah that would be good pal. I've used their hairmoulder before, but didn't find it very easy to work with. currently on American Crew forming cream.

Trend Setter
    Arrived this morning.

Firstly this has to be said. I physically had to restrain myself from eating this stuff - it smells absolutely incredible.
    It has a very strong separation hold with a similar matte finish to moulder. You hardly need to use any of it because it's so strong. I think this will be my product from now on.

Nat

Style Icon
    Thanks for the feedback. I need some new stuff so will check it out

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Yeah that would be good pal. I've used their hairmoulder before, but didn't find it very easy to work with. currently on American Crew forming cream.
    How is that?

Nat

Style Icon
    The AC stuff? Yeah it's pretty good. Very easy to work with and doesn't leave the hair greasy. Not fantastic hold though - good for a floppier kind of quiff. So I'm still searching. Will definitely check out the new hair bond one

Nat

Style Icon
    K9MT - what hairstyle have you got mate? I have been reading up on the product, and not sure it would work with a quiff - seems very sticky and produces loads of texture

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    K9MT - what hairstyle have you got mate? I have been reading up on the product, and not sure it would work with a quiff - seems very sticky and produces loads of texture
    I have a quiff, albeit not the greatest of ones.
    I find I am using hardly any product and rubbing it in-between my hands before applying it and that reduces the stickiness. It does add a lot of texture, separation though - which I wanted.
    The way I use it to me it seems similar to Hairbond Moulder but with a slightly stronger hold and a tiny bit of shine.

Have a look at this and read the comments: Seany Vlog - HairBond Product Review - TOFFEE SHAPER - YouTube

Nat

Style Icon
    Cheers mate, that's helpful. Need to make a decision quick, as my american crew stuff is nearly out!

Fashionisto
    i got some today; smells amazing (tastes not so much) spreads more evenly & easier than moulder, but still good hold. I didn't use a lot either, as i have short hair at the moment. More shiny than matte finish too.

Having used the American Crew forming creme in the past, i'd say its got similar characteristics, but is less gloopy.

I'd recommend!

+ Reply to Thread