FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Mankind.co.uk (Be Wary Of This Site)

Just a quick message to say that if you click on the Hairbond products in the recent Grooming part 2 article it directs you to a website called Mankind.co.uk

I took upon myself to order some of the hairshaper and paid an extra 4.70 for next day delivery as I would like to try the product in time for the holiday season etc.

It is now 2 days later and the product still hasn't even been dispatched (according to their website). I have sent them a message asking for a refund of the postage so I will wait and see how that goes.

There is a forum on their website that is actually chock fullof customer complaints so maybe the Fashionbeans team should be more careful who they use when creating links to products.

No doubt this site receives money for linking Mankind and I have no issue with that at all but it is very annoying when you come to this site for help and advice then get the run around from one of their "partners"

Thanks

Editor-In-Chief
    Hi Dave,

Thank you for the feedback. We actually work with a wide variety of grooming merchants (as you will see if you clicked all the hairbond products) and often just pick either those that have the products in stock or have products for the cheapest price when putting together articles. Unfortunately we have no control or influence over the merchants own customer care and service standards.

However, I will say that I have never ever had a problem with Mankind's service in the past and I have made well over 20 orders with them personally. We wouldn't promote anyone who I thought was actually providing a poor customer service, and again I have never heard of another complaint from a reader of the site during my 4 years of running FashionBeans.

That being said, I will get in contact with someone who works at Mankind now and point them in the direction of this thread to see if they cannot come to a satisfactory resolution for you - whether via the forum or your order details.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the response Ben.

I totally realise it's nothing to do with you guys and appreciate anything you do in bringing it to their attention.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if it genuinely seemed like a one off but take a look at the forum on their site (customer care section). There are lots and lots of complaints regarding service.

I have spoken with them on the phone and they have agreed to refund the postage. The package won't be here until Monday!

I will still be looking elsewhere the netx time I'm making a Grooming purchase online.

Thanks

Editor-In-Chief
    Glad to hear they got back to you.

Unfortunately, due to all my time being spent on the site and driving us forward (we are an extremely small team), I don't get chance to research customer forums etc. that is why I count on readers to bring it to our attention.

Obviously if I hear enough complaints from people then I will definitely contact merchants direct and encourage them to raise their standards, or faced being dropped from site.

The Hut group have recently taken over Mankind in the last year or so, so maybe there are still teething problems or issues with the transfer to new systems - coupled with the fact that it is the busiest time of the year. However, I will keep my eye out for any further issues with the group as a whole, as they own some huge names within the sector now.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

I have ordered from them a couple of times and not had any problems.

The fact they have forums on there and don't hide the complaints shows that they obviously do care about their customer service - it would be easy to just not publicise the problems.

I think you need to take people complaining on the internet with a pinch of salt - people are very vocal when they feel they have had a bad experience, but not so when they have had a good one, which no doubt many have with mankind

Fashionisto
    I had the same problem. I paid for next day delivery and it ended up coming four days later.

Fashionisto
    Pin, I don't really agree with taking peoples complaints on the web with a pinch or salt. Yes, the internet makes it easier for people to complain but for me if it is a valid complaint then it doesn't matter where it is voiced.

I started this thread because I was directed to MANKIND from here so I felt it appropriate that I share my experience.

The product arrived on the 12th of Dec which is just a joke for me.

I called them on the 7th and they told me the refund for the postage would be with me shortly. I'm still waiting.

I called them again today and they can tell me nothing other than the refund has been requested.

Great service! :-(

+ Reply to Thread