FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

training your hair to be less greasy

Hi,

I heard that it is possible to train your hair to be less greasy by washing it less (i.e. Once a week or two) Is this true?
    I have very short hair that gets itchy and greasy very quickly, so I wash it everyday.
    I have read that it works, but I have also read that it isn't good for your scalp.

Cheers!

Fashionisto
    I've heard that too! I actually think there could be some truth to it as I used to wash my hair every second day and my hair never got greasy. Now I wash my hair everyday and by the next day it needs another wash as it's far too greasy. So I might have to try training my hair to cope with being washed every second day instead of every day again. I think the reason hair gets greasy when you wash it more often is that washing your hair strips away its natural oils and so your scalp produces more oil.

If stripping away the oils makes it go greasy then maybe a shampoo that doesn't contain sulphates will help as well?

I use dry shampoo daily just to spruce it up nowadays, and properly wash it every 2-4 days, and I have to say that my hair seems less greasy and I don't get such greasy skin either

Used to wash it every day and I was a grease bag

This is what I use:

I learned about it via my GF who swears by it

Fashionisto
    I wash my hair everyday, if I don't it looks disgraceful. Dry shampoo is the bollocks, I also highly recommend it.

Fashionisto
    Yeah, I also use Batiste dry shampoo on the odd occasion where I don't have time to wash my hair. It really works wonders just make sure to comb it through properly so that you don't have visible white marks.

I think u shud reallytry using dry shampoos that are dermatology tested u knoe ..........n shampoo ur hair evry alternate day but do take a bath without shampoo......n if u wake up late heres a neat trik to stop ur hair frm looking greay......ITZZ BABYY POWDER apply it n then ur hair wont look greasy at all untill the end of the day n also ull smeell of baby powder...jhonson jhonsons is okay n try to use herbal care if possible to yield maximum results.....BEST OF LUK MATE..

+ Reply to Thread