FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Widow(er)'s peak crisis!

Hi guys.
    In November I decided to grow my hair long from an average indie cut. Had been trimming my widow(er)'s peak while maintaining a short haircut, but now I'm getting tired of it, and I want to grow it out with the rest of my hair.
    I'm 18 and lately I've been wearing a beanie, much like the one in the attached photo (his style matches mine quite good aswell), but I need other alternatives, since it's getting warmer and I really just need something to cover the short hairs, that are too short to lay back with the rest of my hair yet.

Here comes the real question!
    Do you have any ideas on what I could wear to cover up the awkwardly looking spot in my forehead for the next few months? Or maybe something completely different, please let me know! It's really tempting to just keep trimming it over and over, especially the day before formal events.

I think my friend did something similar at a similar age. Were you shaving the peak of your hairline to make your hairline go straight? If so that's a bit of a mistake. As an owner of a widow's peak (and two cow's licks) I've learnt to just embrace them and if they rule out certain hairstyle so be it.

For hats to cover it, FB had an article a few weeks ago that said Fedora and Baker Boy hats should be in this year. I love my baker boy and find it appropriate for all but smart occasions( when I move over to a flat).

As another option, could you comb the front of your hair forward over the shorter hair and have a fringe? That's what my friend had to do.

+ Reply to Thread