FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

James Bond/Sean Connery Hairstyle

I have a really big problem with my hair; as much as I try all it seems to do is nothing. I've experimented with numerous hairstyles from the Quiff to the Mohawk and I can never maintain them. It's all too much work to be honest. As you may have guessed from the title I want to try out Sean Connery's hairstyle in the Bond franchise and I would be open to any suggestions as to how I need my hair to be cut. (I will post pictures later) I have short and - VERY - thick hair which is generally swept to the right. Any suggestions about suitable products would be also be appreciated. Thanks.

FashionBeans Staff
    You have exactly the same hair as me, short, ridiculously thick and does whatever the hell it wants regardless of what you put it through. I used to have the side parting, slicked back look but my hair was just too heavy when it grew that long, it just flopped down no matter what I put in it. I couldn't be bothered to do it when it was hot because it was uncomfortable, it would go all over the place in even the lightest of breezes and rain would completely remove any shape or structure it had.

My advice would be to just keep it short, stick some wax or similar in, mess it up and leave it to do its thing, its the easiest way. Otherwise, go into a serious hairdressers or barbers and get their professional opinion, you'll have to grow it out if you want it like that anyway.

Trend Setter
    Ahaha yeah the rain and wind massacre my hair. Cheers for the opinion Will. Can you recommend a specific wax to use?

FashionBeans Staff
    at the moment I'm just using VO5 texturising gum. I really don't do anything with my hair other than blow dry it when I get out the shower, stick some gum in it and then rough it up a bit. I've got the sides shaved down to a 3 on the side and then leave the top long, but rather than grade it up I have the top of my head separated from the sides so there is a defined line if that makes any sense.

Trend Setter
    I use the same wax as it goes so that makes things a bit easier. Yeah I understand what you're saying - I'm due a haircut soon so I'll ask about that. Cheers for the input.

+ Reply to Thread