FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Deodorant

Morning chaps.

I have been using spray on deodorant for as long as I can remember. Though recently I have found that my underarms have developed very dry skin. I have tried switching sprays to Sanex (0% alcohol) but it still doesn't seem to be getting any better.

My question is - would a roll on be better? Is it less "harsh" on the skin? I can't imagine spraying aerosol on to skin is particuarly good for it.

Trend Setter
    I had a similar problem. I tried switching to roll-on and it's a lifesaver. But in some cases roll-on can make it worse depending on your purchase so be careful. I currently use something my auntie bought for me from the Bodyshop and not only does it smell good, it keeps the skin nice and the scent lasts longer than the average Joe spray on.

Style Icon
    For me, an antiperspirant roll-on is the most efficient way to keep nasty smells away, and yes, it's easier on the skin.

It's not always easier on your clothing in though. Some roll-ons tend to rub off and build up nasty stains in the armpits of your clothes. Wearing expendable t-shirt under more expensive shirts will solve the problem.

It might take some shopping around though, as I've found some roll-ons only lasts me half the day before the effect is gone.

+ Reply to Thread