FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    I wear skinny jeans. But then again I never go near a gym. I'm going for the 'starving artist' look.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Wearing skinny jeans is good regardless of age and leg size. If you feel you are comfortable with it and confident that you still look sexy with it then just enjoy wearing it!

Trend Setter
    Nath No offence pal but why on earth would you want to go for the starving artist look? With the exception of a small minority, most girls prefer lads with some muscle its way more masculine and and clothes fit better

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by jonard View Post
    Nath No offence pal but why on earth would you want to go for the starving artist look? With the exception of a small minority, most girls prefer lads with some muscle its way more masculine and and clothes fit better
    Not sure Nath was being entirely serious. Besides, not all of us are lucky enough to be of a certain build, or able to pack on muscle easily. It's not all about what other people think either. Wear what you're comfortable in, not just what you think other people will like.

I saw another thread asking about jeans with turn ups. On that thread it states you should only turn up slim/skinny and NOT regular or loose fit etc. But, like a lot of you, I actually have muscles in my thighs, so cannot wear slim/skinny fit. Does this mean I cannot indulge in the turn up trend?

Trend Setter
    I have worn skinny jeans previously and just realised I can't due to having fairly large thighs/calves as a result of playing rugby as a youngster. If you feel comfortable then fine I'd say but you could maybe look towards a slim fit jeans rather than skinny or even tapered which will offer a bit more space in the thigh area.

I`m 44 now but even when I was in my late teens I wouldn`t have been able to get in skinny jean.
    I always had to wear loose fit or I couldn`t get my ass or legs into them. Still wearing the same cut these days as well.

LOL at some of the posts in this thread

I would say that the type of girls that prefer muscular guys generally fit into a certain category. Infer from that what you will.

I'm 32 next month and still wear skinny jeans, and I won't be stopping any tome soon. As we get older it will be normal to see older people wearing skinny fits, just as it's normal to see people a bit older than us wearing the fashions they prefer.

If you are confident in what you wear then it's all good. And if you are confident, you don't need to worry about what girls are looking for...

Trend Setter
    37, still wearing skinny jeans as are most of my similarly aged contemporary's. This is the norm round my parts and in no way seen as sad/try hard/ or even trendy.

keeping to topic, my thighs are burning due to medicine ball squats 3 days in a row...

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    The payback is having jaw dropping leg strength, even when out of shape.
    The idea of someone being so amazed by someone's leg strength that their jaw drops made me lol

+ Reply to Thread