FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Squats and skinny jeans

Its a sad day when you realize you either need to go easy on leg day, or stop buying skinny jeans cause your gf gently suggests that your legs may be too big for them

No real point to this thread other than the sound of a little piece of me dying lol

Any other gym junkies feel thier sport is dictating what they can wear?

Trend Setter
    Totally get this thread, I used to be slim fit now I'm regular because of that damn squat rack. However I've noticed straight legged isn't as tight round the cuff as I wanted it to be, I can't afford to get all my jeans/trousers tailored!

Style Icon
    I played football for many years. I quit 15 years ago, but I still have the legs. Skinny jeans is just a no-no for me, though slim fit usually works.

The payback is having jaw dropping leg strength, even when out of shape.

Welcome to manhood!

When the skinny trend came in I had to completely ignore it due to the size of my calves and thighs. I've occasionally tried on skinny jeans in places like H&M and found them as tight as a pair of running tights. Frankly the whole trend seems to be aimed at 15-21 year olds. I don't know how men over that age squeeze into them.

Perhaps take a look for carrot-shaped or slim fit jeans. I find Levi 510's fit me very well and have the slim look (but 508's are still to tight).

Fashionisto
    I don't do squats but I'm my legs all day and often bending down and replenishing shelves at work, basically my legs are the most exercised part of my body and I can't fit in skinnys because of it, I just go with straight regular fit.

The part of my wardrobe which contains items for my bottom half is always the hardest to fill! Doesn't help that I'm already reasonably fussy with how a jean/chino/trouser fits, add into that quads and calves which are bigger than normal and you can't get anything. I tend to stay away from the very skinny, but find slim fit is more of a skinny fit anyway when it comes to looks.

I am well over 21 and I still manage to squeeze into the tightest spray-on skinny jeans. The tighter the better, I say!

funny. i gave up squats when i gave up beer.

I agree, skinny jeans is for guys under 21

I'm 25...still wear them...I fit in them perfectly lol

I'm so sorry though bro!

+ Reply to Thread