FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Natural Way of Hair Relaxing

My hair is unruly wavy and hard to manage. I used to have it rebonded but then it got damaged causing hair to fall more than half normal thickness. It became so thin and didn't go for rebonding again.

Right now it is getting better but then it went back to the normal unruly and wavy style. I want to straighten it or do relaxing process but scared that it might got damage again when using those chemical based products.

Does anyone know of a natural way of hair relaxing?

1. Panthenol

Quite beneficial for both skin and hair Panthenol might be one of the least known natural ways to relax curls and the best thing about it is that this effect is easily reversible which means you can have your tight curls back whenever you want them. This common ingredient of many skin and hair care products acts like a natural silicone, coating your strands, giving them a smoother texture that results in relaxed curls or even waves. The down side is that your hair might feel more dry which is why it’s best to do a deep conditioning treatment first. Don’t worry though, as most ladies agree the dry feeling goes away and the natural curls return after the hair has been cleansed with a clarifying shampoo.
    How To: Panthenol is water-soluble which means you can add it to your shampoo, conditioner or mix with water to make a “curl relaxing” spritz. It builds up like crazy, though, which means that the more you use it, the straighter your hair gets.
    Pro Tip: To avoid the feeling or dry or lank hair wash it with a clarifying shampoo before doing any deep conditioning treatment or applying hot oils. This will ensure all Panthenol build-up is removed, allowing the hair to soak in all the nutrients.

Hey, could you please tell me which panthenol shall I buy? I mean there so many in the market. I would like to use it on my hair! Thanks in advance!Cheers

+ Reply to Thread