FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Help me -First workout plan in my life-

Hello!

So, let me introduce my situation:

I am a really really lazy person; I eat lot of junk food, and my hobbies (Poetry, Guitar and Graphic Design) have nothing to do with fitness.

I love grooming and fashion, but because of my ugly 12 years-old shaped boobs, i cannot use my favorite T-shirts.. and thats kind of horrible.

Also, when I go to beach, i don't take my shirt off... I have a two-months relationship with a really nice girl, and I want to surprise her with a nice looking body

I don't know how to start, i don't have any condition, I have never done excersice in my entire life, but its I really want to start now, please help me!

I have very skinny arms and a lot of belly and chest fat (gross, haha) So i think I have to get rid of these first.

Theres a Gym in my highschool, I have access 1 hour Monday to Friday

I dont want to get too bulky, i just want a nice body, like this pic:

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/med.../image1xxl.jpg

Can you tell me how to start? PLEASE! and Thank you!
    -Kevin Josh-

Trend Setter
    I could potentially write a ten page article on what you should do but I think keeping things simple is the best for you.

Two things are important when trying to obtain the body you want, be it to add muscle mass or shed body fat, the first and most important is diet and the second is your exercise routine.

I will start with diet as it is key. If you want to lose weight you need to be on a calorie deficit, taking into account calories burned through exercise. As you want to gain muscle aswell I would not cut this dramatically. Go to myfitnesspal.com and figure out your daily calorie intake. It is an extremely useful website to monitor it. Aim to eat clean foods ie lean sources of protein, root vegetables, porridge, eggs, brown rice, sweet potato. Cut out high sugar and fat food within reason but don't starve yourself, you still need calories.

For exercise routine I would recommend what in my opinion is the best beginners program there is. Google starting strength. It comprises 3 full body weight sessions a week and focus on the main compound exercises using a solid progression tension overload plan of minor weight increments each week. Stick to this to the letter. New trainees get distracted and fooled to thinking they should be doing what others are doing. Don't fall into this trap. This program will form the basis and foundation of your future regimes, it will teach you to perfect your technique on what are the best exercises. YouTube the exercises for tips and form advice.

I would also do two 30 minute high intensity interval training sessions a week as your cardio. Again google it for ideas but it comprises going full blast for short intervals with short rest breaks. It is the most effective way to burn fat in my opinion.

Also don't get tricked into thinking you will get huge and muscular by lifting weights, you won't so don't be put off lifting weights because that is not your goal.
    Last edited by happydayz; 07-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Find a boxing gym in your neighborhood and join it. Preferably one with Trainers who will coach you. Boxing is one of the best workouts you can do plus youre learning a skill that will serve you the rest of your life. Train hard, eat right and you'll be in shape in three months.

I don't want to scare you. You don't look that big in your picture, if that is you. I found working the chest worked for me, kinda. Honestly, don't worry about them. Haven't you seen other guys with moobs and then your like oh, they have moobs, whatever, and you carry on with your life? Notice how you don't really care that much, 95% of normal people won't really care, and if the they do it shouldn't bother you.

Those moobs may not be fat. Do your body for yourself not for your girl, but if its what motivates you keep at it! Check out the body building forum if you want.

Pretty much what the guy above me posted should set you up for a bit. Then you can start going harder.
    DON'T TRY A DIFFERENT WORK OUT PLAN EVERY WEEK. STICK TO PLAN FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME OR YOU WONT SEE RESULTS. A

Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post

For exercise routine I would recommend what in my opinion is the best beginners program there is. Google starting strength. It comprises 3 full body weight sessions a week and focus on the main compound exercises using a solid progression tension overload plan of minor weight increments each week. Stick to this to the letter. New trainees get distracted and fooled to thinking they should be doing what others are doing. Don't fall into this trap. This program will form the basis and foundation of your future regimes, it will teach you to perfect your technique on what are the best exercises. YouTube the exercises for tips and form advice.
    Starting strength is a very overrated programme imo, lack of intensity makes it easy to stall. Think a more intense Push/Pull/Legs routine would be more advisable in helping weight loss while also gaining muscle

Fashionisto
    You might want to read my free ebook - you have to take your nutrition and rest into account too, hope this helps.

Free Ebook – The Hardbody Cheat Sheet | Alexander King

+ Reply to Thread