FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Bulding Strength, Loosing Fat, weight and body toning beginner's workout

Hi. I've just started going to a gym and I really want to find a workout for beginners for the things above. At least some good and reliable websites would be great.

I currently can manage going to the gym for 1.5 hrs every Tuesday (though I might be able to go on a Saturday... don't know yet as it depends whether I'm going to start swimming(training) or not). IMO it's quite a good gym in terms of equipment.

I'm 16 Male

Thanks in advance

oh btw I don't want to enlarge my muscles (as in bodybuilding)

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by smith5 View Post
    Do basic exercises regularly , do not use weights to build your body, it will go away as soon as you stop using weights, other one will be with till end, and it is good for your overall health also.
    This is horrendous advice. Don't use weights to build strength and muscles? You must be an absolute newb.

A structured weight program can assist your health just as easily as your loosely termed basic exercises, whatever that means. In order to build strength you must constantly be advancing in terms of the resistance used. Weights is the primary means of doing this. Doing unweighted push ups etc will only allow you to reach a central level of strength, you will plateau quickly and it will just become more of an endurance based exercise. Also your statement suggested the strength and muscle you will gain from basic exercise will be with you until the end is again inaccurate. So you stop doing non weight based exercises and you think you will retain fitness and strength levels ?

Trend Setter
    I do the spartacus programme. if you google it its the mens health one. I have a PDF of it. Its pretty good. Full body, intense and short. Mixture of weights and body exercises. Good results so far.

You don't need the gym for it either. I hate paying for the gym, and i end up never going. Don't really like gym environments either so this was perfect as its do at home.

Speak to a fully qualified strength and conditioning coach. They will be able to design a bespoke programme taking a number of factors into consideration ie age, training age, equipment available and injury history.

Join a Boxing gym and learn how to fight.

Go light. 1.5 hours seems liek a lot to start off. Really though, that depends on your current fitness and what your doing. You mention you are going to start swimming. Swimming is an excellent workout if your passionate about it focus on that. You'll workout your entire body and gain some definition without bulking up.
    Now, you won't bulk up unless you try but you should really look into doing weights as part of your routine. I recomend free-weights.
    In your case. From what you want to do. You will probably want to do circuits.
    In the end its ultimatley up to you and what you want. I pull my workouts from websites and magazines. Scour the internet you will find some great forums and nutritional advice.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by laurencejames View Post
    I do the spartacus programme. if you google it its the mens health one. I have a PDF of it. Its pretty good. Full body, intense and short. Mixture of weights and body exercises. Good results so far.

You don't need the gym for it either. I hate paying for the gym, and i end up never going. Don't really like gym environments either so this was perfect as its do at home.
    Got a link to the PDF mate?

I think you just punch in your e-mail and you get it sent to your inbox. Or else you gotta pay. BTW here is a brief starter guide. Read the applicable sections

Fashionisto
    I hope mods don't think I'm spamming (I'm not), but you might find my free ebook helpful. It contains everything I've found to work from being a total newb to someone with a pretty decent body and health: Free Ebook – The Hardbody Cheat Sheet | Alexander King

+ Reply to Thread