FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Handling bulking and cutting?

Are there any recreational bodybuilders out there?
    In a typical cycle I will bulk for 8 months then cut for 2 months and maintain for 2 months. In this period of time I will fluctuate between 165-195 pounds. After my cut (beginning of summer) I sit at 165 and in the winter I get up to 195.
    How do you guys handle this in terms of wearing fitted clothing? Do you have various suits for your various sizes? If I need to wear my suit in the summer for a wedding I can't tailor it down because it won't fit again in the winter.

Generally I buy a size up in my winter clothing, feels good filling them out plus can come in handy in terms of layering. If your can't do that I'd maybe take another look at your diet in your bulking phase, fluctuating between 30 lbs seems excessive and possibly gaining a lot of fat, I think your clothing worries may be sorted if you slow down and run a slower but cleaner bulk?

Style Icon
    I've just had 11 suits tailored slimmer as I've lost a couple of kilo and I wanted the suits to look exact. It wasn't cheap at approx 300 for the work (both trousers and jackets), however it's cheaper than new suits and the tailored kept the excess fabric and sewed it in place rather than trimming it, so to can be altered back out if I put weight back on. Not ideal for extremes of weight fluctuations but this method works for me.

+ Reply to Thread