FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last

Fashionisto
    I'm wearing Gucci pour homme ii at the moment, nice inviting smell that is subtle and very versatile.

Fashionisto
    Boss bottled
    Davidoff Cool Water
    Bvlgari BLV
    Givenchy Xeryus (this bottle is 20 years old, half full and still smells good!)
    Something from Next which was 8 and smells fantastic, but I cant remember what it's called.
    A trial sized bottle of something from Estee Lauder which was made as a trial and never released (given to me by an ex who worked for EL) I don't use it very often, as it's irreplaceable.
    All spelling errors & missing characters brought to you courtesy of Toshiba's Satellite keyboard.

My main scent is Creed Green Irish Tweed

https://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pr...en-irish-tweed

I was working on a photoshoot and one of the hair team wore it, loved the smell (and so did many of the models) so picked up a bottle.

Style Icon
    I have never understood the Creed hype. I have tried it multiple times in Selfridges, and found it rather watery with a short life-span. Nothing special in my eyes.

Currently I am mixing Reiss Black Oudh and Tom Ford Black Orchid.
    I like black.

Style Icon
    ^agreed the scent doesn't last too long with creed they are meant to be eau de parfum but seem much more like eau de toilette. My virgin island water is a light fragrance anyway as it's a citrus, but I think it lasts about 2 hours on me unless you are stood with your nose pressed against my neck.

Style Icon
    Having made my above observation, the Reiss Black Oudh does not have a lot of staying power despite a powerful opening scent. It's a shame as it smells awesome.

Currently I am in love with Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. Trouble is I just can't afford it.

Chanel Bleu - Not too strong or light, so goes with any occasion

Fashionisto
    I currently have a selection that consists of:

Chanel Platinum
    Gucci Guilty Black
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Clinique Happy
    Dolce & Gabbana The One
    Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Sport

The only real 'staples' of that selection are Chanel Platinum (my favourite scent and one that women seem to adore) and Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male (not my favourite, but again women seem to love it)

The rest are one's that have piqued my interest when i've smelt it on mates or they've been recommended.

I like the smell of the Issey Miyake but I think it is far too quick to fade. Clinique's I like but it's a definite summer scent.

The Gucci and D&G were bought for me as birthday gifts and they're nice but just not as nice as the Chanel, though I do find the Gucci to be a little overpowering for a short while until it dies down a bit.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by NJT1986 View Post
    I do find the Gucci to be a little overpowering for a short while until it dies down a bit.
    I think most Gucci scents are like that - I got Made to Measure recently and it's very powerful when it goes on. It has real staying power though which the likes of Chanel don't (though I do like their fragrances).

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I think most Gucci scents are like that - I got Made to Measure recently and it's very powerful when it goes on. It has real staying power though which the likes of Chanel don't (though I do like their fragrances).
    The Chanel Platinum I find does have staying power - I usually put it on before work and can still smell it 10-12 hours later when I finish, and I work a quite physically demanding job.

I do remember reading once that different scents match your own personal chemical make up better than others and that's why some smell better on you than others. Not sure if that's BS or not, but it would explain why I hate the smell of Paco Rabanne's 1 Million on me but my sisters husband wears it all the time and it smells great (which is why I bought it for myself)

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last