FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Possible to overtrim eyebrow with comb/scissor?

My genes...I'm beginning to look like one of those kung fu masters with selected strands of eyebrow hairs that I can twirl, but just on one corner of the eye. Not so subtle hints have been thrown my way by siblings. Googling revealed that colleagues/friends won't mention anything even if it looks gross.

So.

Much more googling later, I found that men should leave it to the pros, like a barber. Now I know why the barber offered to trim my eyebrow hairs without my asking. I was so surprised that I said no, even though I've been thinking about the question of how to trim them for some time. Now that I foolishly turned it down, I want a quick, convenient, foolproof way to to do this myself in between trips to the barber.

More googling reveals that a common way to do this is to place a comb against the eyebrow and snip the strands that poke through. However, Google also says that stiff/thick hair tends to stick out and resist lying flat; those hairs should not be cut as short. Obviously, the length depends on the stiffness of the hair. One must proceed with caution because eyebrow hair grows very slowly, and you will live with the results for quite some time.

Here is the question. How foolproof is the comb/scissor method? How likely is it for someone to have thick/stiff enough hair that even the comb/scissor technique will leave the strands standing right up insteadof laying flat?

I'd just get it done at the barber mate, as you say they grow slowly so can't imagine you'd need them looked at between cuts

I walked into a barber shop for the brow trim alone. It was scaring people. Now that it's under control, I think maintaining it during haircut visits is the most sensible way to go. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread