FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    JEK

Trend Setter

Need suggestions on haircut/styling

Hey guys.
    I'm having some trouble finding a hairstyle I'm happy happy with.

As you can see, I have very high temples. My hair is quite coarse so very short styles tend to make it impossible to style. So what I'm looking for is a medium or long length hairstyle that works with my high temples and face shape.
    Do you guys have any suggestions? I must admit that I'm at a (hair) loss right now...
    Regards
    Johan

Fashionisto
    Depending on how you feel about being a sheep following a trend but…

How about a pompadour? Doesn't seem to matter how high your temples are if its shaped right. I don't even think your temples are that bad!

JEK

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the suggestion, but a pompadour is a bit too high maintenance for me. I want a hairstyle that is easy to style and looks good the whole day- Sorry - should have mentioned that in the original post.
    Regards
    Johan

I think with your hair you could go for a nice People's sexiest man of the year look:

You seem to have the movement and he looks like his temples are pretty high too when you look at some photos. Just let it grow out and trim from time to time. I think you could do something pretty cool with your hair!

Or you could try to do an undercut so your high temples would be shaved and it wouldn't matter... It's all up to you.
    www.alphapeople.org Reach Your Full Potential!

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but a pompadour is a bit too high maintenance for me. I want a hairstyle that is easy to style and looks good the whole day- Sorry - should have mentioned that in the original post.
    If you don't want to go that route an "undercut" or what I like to call a "Boardwalk Empire Haircut" would probably suit you perfectly.

The image won't embed so here: boardwalk-empire1.jpg Photo by fashionwithnina | Photobucket

It's the same basic principle but instead of up you slick your hair back. All in all it isn't dissimilar to the haircut you posted above, just short and neat around the ends. Easy to do and very stylish right now. I wear my hair in a similar cut because I also have high temples and this makes them look far more natural.
    Last edited by bobbo; 30-12-2014 at 06:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread