FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

How to deal with chest hair at my age? (18)

Hey guys, I basically need a bit of help handling my chest hair.

Anyway, so basically I'm a lot hairier than the average teenager is at 18. My chest hair grows up to where the V in my lower neck starts and I'm looking for a way to get rid of it basically so I can feel a bit more confident when I'm wearing loose collared crew necks and v-necks around my age group.

Is there any tips you guys can give? Right now I've been shaving but it leaves crazy stubble about 36 hours later which I'm nervous about being visible.

I've experimented with some hair removal cream which works quite well but I have a bit of a habit of leaving it one for too long and burning my skin but I can get around that through practise, maybe recommend a good brand would be much appreciated.

I tried waxing myself but god did that hurt, never doing that again and it did half a job(probably from bad technique or a poor product). As a student I have no money and I can't afford to pay others to wax my chest every month or so, I'd rather spend my money on new clothes.

Cheers guys, look forward to your replies!
    Last edited by overtoad; 19-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    Accept it as part of your body. I think it looks much worse to shave or remove chest hair. You are also prone to ingrown hairs, that horrible stubble and A LOT more spots because you've roughed up the skin. Nearly every man I know that shaves their chest has terrible skin. Not worth the hassle.

If you don't want it to show too far up your neck invest in a beard trimmer that has a precision trim bit on it and then just trim it back every so often. Much easier and more comfortable. This whole notion of women preferring hairless men is rubbish; either that or you're associating with the wrong kinds of women.

Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    Accept it as part of your body. I think it looks much worse to shave or remove chest hair. You are also prone to ingrown hairs, that horrible stubble and A LOT more spots because you've roughed up the skin. Nearly every man I know that shaves their chest has terrible skin. Not worth the hassle.

If you don't want it to show too far up your neck invest in a beard trimmer that has a precision trim bit on it and then just trim it back every so often. Much easier and more comfortable. This whole notion of women preferring hairless men is rubbish; either that or you're associating with the wrong kinds of women.
    Couldn't agree more.

I had an issue with my chest hair for a while and experimented with shaving, trimming, etc... never waxing though, wasn't brave enough to go down that road. I had the same reaction regarding stubble and terrible skin, and for the effort it took only to grow back within a couple of days wasn't worth it. Just accept it pal. If you feel it's an issue with the women then disregard that notion altogether, many girls of all ages i've spoke to prefer a little fur.

+ Reply to Thread