FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBond View Post
    Baking soda in the bath worked for me!
    ... Enlighten us...

----------

In my experience the best treatment is twofold: wash your face twice a day (perhaps three times if it is midway through a hot day and your face is sweaty) with only lukewarm water. Nothing hot and nothing that will irritate your skin. In addition I use a treatment cream called Duac (on prescription) and I have found this works very well.

I don't overload my face with an assortment of products. I just let me skin breathe and the spots suffocate.

Naturally a balanced diet is useful - drinking lots of water is essential - but the above is currently the best routine I have found, with a strong emphasis on the simplicity of the face washing.

Luke warm water!

Fashionisto
    I never had problems with my face, more my back. 2 heaped desert spoons of baking soda dissolved in a jug of boiling water before being added to a bath every other day, coupled with a regular wash in the shower on the in between days, cleared it up in about 3 weeks. I've no idea why, it's something I got from my mother.

Works well for chicken pox too!
    All spelling errors & missing characters brought to you courtesy of Toshiba's Satellite keyboard.

Fashionisto
    Interesting. I might give this a bash.

In terms of the face, I'm really tempted to get a hold of one of them Clarisonic things.
    @eph89

Style Icon
    See your doctor. I think that's the best route in terms of product treatment. Anything on prescription will be far more effective than the majority of high street products.

Fashionisto
    Here's some info I got from googling baking soda.....
    How to Get Rid of Pimples with Baking Soda: 6 Steps

But I agree with _Ben_ about seeing your doctor if it's a severe problem.
    All spelling errors & missing characters brought to you courtesy of Toshiba's Satellite keyboard.

Fashionisto
    Depends on what your doctor actually does; I've been previously and all they've done is given me antibiotics. I'm not particularly keen on that as it's not a really a solution, only a stop gap.

I'd much rather establish a routine that works and that I can maintain on my own.
    @eph89

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    Depends on what your doctor actually does; I've been previously and all they've done is given me antibiotics. I'm not particularly keen on that as it's not a really a solution, only a stop gap.

I'd much rather establish a routine that works and that I can maintain on my own.
    This is also true. I think it depends lot on how sympathetic your GP is!

Fashionisto
    Ordered me a Clarisonic earlier. Will report back on how successful it is...
    @eph89

Fashionisto
    good luck. thing it took a while for me to realise, is that a routine takes a while for your skin to get used to and settle with. I'd jump from product to product every couple of months before being told that if you're going to do a routine you need to give it at least 3 months for it all to settle

Fashionisto
    Only too true.
    @eph89

+ Reply to Thread