FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    I've never really have bothered with dieting in the past, but having suffered a pretty bad injury that has kept me out of the gym for months on end i've put on around 20lbs.

I've been having a good look around and, although it's not my sort of thing, i'm probably going to start a diet of around 90% Veg and 10% Meat for my meals.

Breakfast is always the killer for me though, as on a morning I start work at 8am and I really can't be facing food at 7am

Quote Originally Posted by NJT1986 View Post
    I've never really have bothered with dieting in the past, but having suffered a pretty bad injury that has kept me out of the gym for months on end i've put on around 20lbs.

I've been having a good look around and, although it's not my sort of thing, i'm probably going to start a diet of around 90% Veg and 10% Meat for my meals.

Breakfast is always the killer for me though, as on a morning I start work at 8am and I really can't be facing food at 7am
    I have a vegetable juice for my breakfast every day at work. I make it the night before, and just have it in a sports bottle on my desk throughout the morning.

Current fave juice blend is cucumber, celery, fennel, carrot, beetroot, apple & ginger

I find it sets me up with energy for the day, is much nicer than cereal / toast / whatever and it has helped me lose over a stone

You can get a decent juicer for about 50 quid

Style Icon
    Hmmm... I might have to look into getting a juicer.

For the past six months I've been having fruit salad for breakfast, which strangely is enough for me as long as I have an early lunch, or a small snack at around 10. I say "strangely" as I love a full cooked breakfast. However, I won't have time for fruit salad now that I head back to work, especially the mornings I'm the one dropping the kids off at kindergarten.

A solid smoothie, that I can prepare the night before, to bring with to the office would solve some issues in the tight schedule.

Trend Setter
    I just finished my second year at uni and in the last term got given a load of Just Eat vouchers, combined with the drinking i gained a load of weight although without mirrors in my room i only noticed when i had to get black tie at the end of June.

Im now a healthier weight than when I started uni and all I've been doing is counting calories and watching portion size. I've found the app MyFitnessPal and it's really working for me. It's easy to input what you've eaten and your goals etc. Also dieting has worked in my favour in another way, instead of buying a tonne of tat from zara I've been getting some pretty good stuff every couple of weeks. Last week I treated myself to a WANT tote which I'm really happy with.

Are you from Exeter or just go to Uni there?

Trend Setter
    @MrTincknell nahh fucked up my A levels too much for that I'm at Plymouth for uni so not to far out, just live in Exeter most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread