FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Strongest Hold Products (Warning - there's a list!)

Hi all,

Been a long time user of Hairbond Shaper (good hold!) and Hanz De Fuko Quicksand (love the texture but the hold isn't great), and just wondered if there is anything similar with stronger hold? Looking for more of a wax, matte but with really good hold for a pompadour. I have really thick hair so even when blow-drying need a product with hold. Below are some that I have been looking into and would love to hear if you've tried any.

- Hanz De Fuko Claymation
    - Gatsby Spiky Edge Hair Wax
    - Bumble and Bumble Sumotech
    - idHair Dusty Bronze
    - Redken Rough Paste 12

I don't really want to be able to readjust my hair throughout the day, I want to style it, let it set, and then just leave it (dreaming a bit I know!). Have also tried American Crew and Murray's pomade but have decided that pomades are definitely not for me.

Would really appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

IK

Fashionisto
    Fudge Matte Hed Extra | From Fudge Hair

Don't use anything by Gatsby. It appears to be silicone based, nothing fully washes it out and when I used it, it ended up clogging pores on my scalp and hairline, causing horrific spots that went nasty and took weeks to heal. It also melts a little when you get warm and an oil starts creeping down your forehead and into your eyes and you have to rinse your eyes out. Shocking stuff!!
    Last edited by MJS81; 22-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread