FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
25-11-2011 07:51 PM
Share Your Facial Cleansing Routine?
Interested to see what kind of routine people on the forum actually have and what products they use.
I currently use the Men-U facial wash twice a day, moisturising afterwords with L'oreal's Hyda Sensitive moisturiser. Twice a week i steam my face out with hot water and tree oil then use a deep pore cleansing clay (Anthony Logistics). Still need to find a decent cleanser but can't find anything to work with my sensitive skin.
What kind of routine do you guys have? A simple cleanse and moisurise or something as complex as Christian Bale's "American Psycho" routine:
1. Gel ice pack to reduce facial puffiness
2. Deep pore cleanser
1. Water activated gel cleanser
2. Honey almond body scrub
3. Exfoliating facial gel scrub
1. Herb mint facial mask (peel off after 10 minutes)
2. Non alcoholic after shave lotion (pre supposes a shave first)
4. Anti-aging eye balm
5. Final moisturizing protective lotion
25-11-2011 09:50 PM
1) L'oreal's Hydra Sensitive face wash for sensitive skin - twice a day.
2) L'oreal's Hydra Sensitive moisturiser for sensitive skin - twice a day.
3) Trevor Sorbie facial scrub - two-three times a week, usually before shaving.
4) Oriflame Eclat After Shave Balm.
I also used to use a toner from a local brand, have been skipping this step for the past few months though.
26-11-2011 01:05 PM
I use the men-u healthy facial wash twice a day, followed by Clinique's m-lotion moisturiser. That's the extent of my daily routine. Then once or twice a week I will use Anthony Logistics clay face mask, and then a couple of times a week I will use Clinique's face scrub.
26-11-2011 01:32 PM
I've been blessed with very clean and manageable skin but my routine consists of:
1. Whatever scrub happens to be on offer in Boots, at the moment I'm using clean & clear exfoliating scrub, once or twice a day depending on whether I've been to the Gym or not.
2. Nivea Soft Moisturising cream, once or twice a day depending on gym attendance.
3. Soap and Glory Sea Salt body Scrub 3 - 4 time a week
4. Vaseline Intensive care Moisturising body lotion.
I haven't got the funds or the patience to start making my routine overly complicated. I don't really need it anyway.
01-12-2011 06:23 PM
I'm a bit of a sad individual when it comes to this kind of stuff.
My morning routine currently looks something like (and I follow the same order religiously in some crazy OCD style way I'm sure)
1) wash face: Lab Series Lift Off! Face Wash (Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat)
1) use face scrub: Ole Henrikson New Beginning Scrub (Mon, Fri)
1b) apply face mask: Ole Henrikson Blue/Blackberry enzyme Mask (Sat)
2) pre-shave to soften those bristles: Gentleman's Tonic Pre Shave Oil
3) shave: Gentleman's Tonic Traditional Shave Cream applied with shaving brush
4) cold water on face to close up pores
5) wash in shower: any old shower gel - I like original source for the smell (pointless spending big money on stuff I burn through so fast)
6) apply shampoo: Matrix Amplify Shampoo
7) apply conditioner: Matrix Amplify Conditioner
8) towel dry then apply body moisturiser: Lab Series Super Lift Off! Body Lotion
9) deoderise: Nivea Deoderant
10) apply face moisturiser: Lab Series Super Lift Off! AHA/BHA face lotion
11) on towel dried hair: Label.m Sea Salt Spray
12) blow dry hair to get quiffy goodness going
13) apply hair product to style: Hairbond Moulder
14) fix hair in place: Redken Pure Force 20 fixing spray
My word, writing this out makes me wonder how I make it out of the house in the morning!
02-12-2011 05:58 PM
Guys, I've been using the Men-U face wash and then a Body Shop moisturiser
However, I bough the men-u to combat grease, but if anything I find my face is getting greasier through the day
Basically, what the fuck is going on? I get occasional breakouts, and if I touch my face at the end of the day it feels really greasy. Lame!
Help me out!
05-12-2011 10:16 PM
Thats one solid routine you got there Jay, what type of skin do you have? Would you recommend that Ole Henriksen scrub?
Pin, Mr. Money, P Money..Not quite sure what you like to be called so I'll stick with Pin. Is your moisturiser water based? (non-oil) Is it made for your skin type? Sounds like it needs to be re-applied throughout the day, i would of went with something like this: Lab Series Oil Control Daily Hydrator 50ml | Lab Series Skincare For Men | FREE WORLDWIDE Delivery or have you thought about using a toner? It helps remove dirt, excess oil and impurities while tightening your pores. For normal skin it could go a miss but i think toners can REALLY benefit the man dem with oily skin. I can't really recommend anything because i don't have oily skin but you could look at this for some product recommendations http://www.fashionbeans.com/2011/men...ing-oily-skin/
Your skin can be oily for lots of reasons though such as change in weather, stress, over washing or even dehydration. On the bright side your skin won't age as fast as someone with a drier skin type!
06-12-2011 12:11 AM
I've got the worst kind of skin: combination skin. It's the classic 'T zone' oily section, but incredibly dry cheeks and chin area. If I didn't scrub and moisturise regularly I'd look like a leper, I'm sure of it.
I'd definitely recommend Ole Henrikson stuff. It's pricey sure, but I love it; I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all (something I find with a lot of products). I'm definitely looking to but more of the range when other stuff I'm currently using runs out.
06-12-2011 01:27 AM
Morning & Night: Dermalogica dermal clay cleanser face wash followed by their "Clean Start" range's moisturizer. I tend to wash the face wash off with cold water as I find warm water makes my face go red.
06-12-2011 05:55 PM
Thanks Jay. Nice use of "man dem" too, you must be real on road!
Originally Posted by Jay_