FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last
    JLG

Trend Setter

Home workout?

Hey guys looking for a home workout? , Im looking to get a little bigger but mainly to improve the appearance / tone of my body , What should i be doing? , Preferably body weight but if you can suggest how to put on some muscle/size (Especially on my arms) then i would buy some dumbells or something.

JEK

Trend Setter
    You can find a lot of body weight training regimes on the internet. Try a few different ones and see what you like.. I would recommend you to invest in a kettlebell (16 kg is generally a good starter weight). I bought one a few months ago and I'm very happy with it. Very versatile.
    I would suggest that you don't worry to much about getting bigger arms, but concentrate on a good full body workout instead.
    Regards
    Johan

JLG

Trend Setter
    Thanks , Can you put on muscle / get bigger with a kettle bell (If so how?) i will make sure im eating more than i need to but will that devolop muscles or just tone them?If you can put on size with them it would be perfect , Its like 30 for a 16KG kettebell and ill order it straight away if i can put on some decent muscle with it

JEK

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post
    Thanks , Can you put on muscle / get bigger with a kettle bell (If so how?) i will make sure im eating more than i need to but will that devolop muscles or just tone them?If you can put on size with them it would be perfect , Its like 30 for a 16KG kettebell and ill order it straight away if i can put on some decent muscle with it
    I'm by no means an expert, but I think barbells would be better if your only goal is getting bigger, but you can definitely gain mass with kettlebells as well. I would suggest you to google "kettlebells exercises for [muscle group you want to train] mass".
    Regards
    Johan

JLG

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    I'm by no means an expert, but I think barbells would be better if your only goal is getting bigger, but you can definitely gain mass with kettlebells as well. I would suggest you to google "kettlebells exercises for [muscle group you want to train] mass".
    Think i may just risk it and buy one and try out a few programmes ,There are alot of 5x5 workouts for the kettlebell and alot of them say you will add strength and size , While also being great for losing fat if needed so i think i will buy one , Found one on sale 63% off at 15 so ill give it a go with some body weight exercises and if it doesn't work im only down 15

JEK

Trend Setter
    Good luck!
    Regards
    Johan

JLG

Trend Setter
    Thanks just ordered it so hope i can get good results! , If all goes well i may put up some progress images in a month or so and see if whatever program im following is working

Trend Setter
    Press ups, planks, bodyweight squats to get you started. However, you are definitely going to outgrow that soon enough and will want to go to a gym eventually.

JLG

Trend Setter
    Yeah ill start going to a gym when i can build up some confidence , Though as i said im not looking to get huge , A little bit of size and some toning would be great for my first year , Then if i can gradually add some size after that then even better.

There is a 5x5 workout for kettle bells which im going to try , However i would like to add some body weight exercises to improve a few issues , Like the Kettlebell program will hopefully fit the size gain portion but i wanted to do some body weight exercises to correct a few things , First push-ups and diamond push ups for my chest as well as a few other body weight exercises , How would i go about doing both of them?

Trend Setter
    Yeah ill start going to a gym when i can build up some confidence , Though as i said im not looking to get huge
    mate, I hate to burst your bubble but trust me - it takes a LOT of effort to put on just a small amount of muscle. I can guarantee you will never get anywhere near huge in your lifetime; certainly not doing home workouts with no weights.

There is a 5x5 workout for kettle bells which im going to try , However i would like to add some body weight exercises to improve a few issues , Like the Kettlebell program will hopefully fit the size gain portion but i wanted to do some body weight exercises to correct a few things , First push-ups and diamond push ups for my chest as well as a few other body weight exercises , How would i go about doing both of them?
    How old are you, before I answer any of these Q's?

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last