FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    JLG

Trend Setter

Hair loss?

Ok so just a quick questions for any of you guys that know about this , Im only young and have always had long thick hair and had no problems at all , Recently i wanted to start styling my hair and so it got cut a lot shorter (So you could see the hairline) and i (Aswell as one friend) noticed the hairline was a little high , As i said ive always had long hair + its been covering the hairline so this was the first time i noticed and i cant compare with older photos as my hairline is not showing.

Anyway so i was worried with that but i kept styling it , Looked alot better than the long hair imo but my hair started getting harder and harder to style , So eventually i grew it out again and currently its back to a decent length (A 2-3 on the sides) and then fringe length as i dont like the hairline showing , The problem is recently ive been noticing hairs falling out , When i had the long / thick hair (I cant remember noticing any hair falling out) so im not sure if ive noticed this more just because of the hairline issue or not , But i am notcing quite alot of hair loss anyway , Even if i wash my face in the morning (As i have a fringe) i have to move my hair out of my face and even that will produce 1-2 shed hairs usally , Washed my hair and there was like 6 ,The rest of my hair looks fine in term of thickness etc its the hairline im most concerned about as the rest of my hair still seems (Looks and feels) thick , However the front of my hair seems alot less thick (And dense) than it used to be and if i run my hands through my hair (Specifically my hairline/front) its not unsual to have 1-2 hairs on my fingers.

What do i do? , I obviously dont want to start losing my hair but i cant afford the expensive treatments or surgery to get anything done , Is my only option to wait it out and see how it progresses?

Style Icon
    Go see your GP?

Look into treatments (if you have the cash and they are proven)?

Otherwise, it sounds like a hard situation. However, if you do have a receding hairline, I feel like whatever your hair length it would have been really noticeable.

My only other advice can be is to avoid damage to your hair - don't attack it with a towel or hairdryer straight out the shower, and if you do dry it with a towel be very very gentle. That may explain your hair coming out. You may even have something like alopecia, which wouldn't be to do with a receding hairline. Again, see your doctor.

It sounds like you're not sure that you are losing your hair, but concerned that you might be. Here are a couple things to keep in mind that might be helpful in your position:

- A high hairline does not necessarily mean you are balding.
    - Hair shedding does not necessarily mean you are balding. The actual problem is when the follicle miniaturizes, and your hair gets thinner and thinner until it stops coming out at all. Look at the hairs that you are shedding - does it get narrower near the bulb?
    - Does hairloss run in your family?
    - Does there appear to be any pattern in your hairloss? (Men's hairloss typically follows a pattern).
    - Check with your doctor to make sure it isn't an underlying medical problem that is causing your hairloss.
    - If you are sure you are losing your hair, there are, for the most part, only three proven treatments: finasteride (Propecia), minoxidil (Rogaine), and Nizoral dandruff shampoo. There can be bad side effects caused by these, so consult your doctor and do your research.
    - There are other unproven treatments as well, but I think these are hit or miss. Check hairloss support sites/forums online. But be careful! Some of the people on those are effing nuts!

Good luck!

Trend Setter
    what's your diet like?

Fashionisto
    Going bald isn't the end of the world, if that's what it is. I started with hair loss in my mid to late 20s, so just embraced the shaved head look, accepted it and got on with life.

Thank you yena,
    I have tried Alovera it really work my hair has become more silky and shiny and also hair fall has reduced. Its totally natural and i think everyone should try this once.

+ Reply to Thread