FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Which hair products are you using & would you recommend?

One of the biggest issues I struggle with is my hair. It's thick and dark, so much so I'm sure my real dad is probably Chinese.

I've tried a few different products but can never seem to get any definition in my hair and instead it always looks a bit blocky and lifeless imo.

Just wondering what products you guys are using and if you have similar hair if there are any you'd recommend?

Thanks

Style Icon
    Is your hair wiry? I found soft products like pomade work well for my wiry, thick and dark hair.

Also, less is more with products I have come to realise. Build up over time.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Is your hair wiry? I found soft products like pomade work well for my wiry, thick and dark hair.

Also, less is more with products I have come to realise. Build up over time.
    Yeah - once dry it can go really wiry.

At the mo I've been using a paste type product but would be up for trying a pomade. Which do you use if you don'd mind me asking?

Would be nice to get a bit of shine in the hair too which I assume will be helped by a pomade.

J8x

Trend Setter
    If you're gonna go for a a pomade try Suavecito or Layrite. Used both and prefer Suavecito personally but there's not a huge difference between them. Gives hair a nice sheen and works in nicely with a round brush or comb. For pastes I've found that the vo5 matt paste is good for the money as is the got2b one, which sounds like it might be more suited for your hair type. Ever used a sea salt spray too? By the sounds of it your hair is similar to mine and I've found that using a spray before styling can help to keep volume and shape.

Trend Setter
    Jumping in on this thread as I think I'm going to change hair product and sounds like I have similar hair to yourself...
    Thinking of maybe trying Suavecito Firme Hold

Also I've always been tempted by Bumble and Bumble Sea Salt Spray but not sure if it will work for me...
    Last edited by K9MT; 03-12-2014 at 11:51 PM.

I think using lot of chemicals will harm your hair it will leave your hair harsh and rough, so try using mild hair shampoo so that your hair can have natural element.
    Here are some of the home made recipes which you can easily try and can have best results.
    Egg is best hair conditioner you can have it leaves your hair smooth,silky and shiny.
    Alovera is also one of the best natural product you can try, Alovera act as a antibiotic for your hair,scalp and allow new hair growth.

I've heard great things about Redken Glass Look 01 for wiry hair. Could be worth a try?

Me personally, (Straight and thin hair) I'm a BIG Label.m fan. I use their sea salt spray, extra strong mousse, texturising volume spray and sometimes the matt paste

it also depends on water based vs oil based pomades

+ Reply to Thread