FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    I used to have a terrible habit of blinking just as the person took the photo. I remember loads of facebook pictures where it looked like I was asleep because I'd blinked at just the wrong moment, or because my eyes were reacting to the camera flash. To counteract this I now raise my eyebrows ever so slightly. As weird as it sounds, it seems to do the trick. I think the other important thing when having your photo taken is to just try to be natural. If you don't want to smile, don't. If you want to grin like the cheshire cat, do it. Whatever you feel comfortable doing.

tajdon
    Quote Originally Posted by NZJames View Post
    Practise in front of a mirror.

Sounds vain but true, you always think you're projecting something other than how you actually look so just practice a few relaxed expressions and smiles in the mirror so you know how they feel.

But key is to stay relaxed and dont pose or "smile for the camera". Be natural
    Yep, practice and remembering how its done without the mirror. But be sure that you don't look exactly the same as every other photo. Mix it up. Again, it is vain, but I can't think of any other way.

Last edited by tajdon; 05-03-2012 at 09:17 AM.

I agree, practice in a mirror and you will know what you look like. If you play with it a bit you can get a good look and be able to replicate it.
    Join Swag is for boys, class is for men on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/Jh9ukT

Keep it secret...

The golden rule for looking good is to make sure you don't know when you're having your picture taken. This works without fail unless you are a model and have mastered the art of looking like you don't know you're having your picture taken when you do.

When someone says look at the camera and smile you will be guaranteed to look like a complete idiot.

+ Reply to Thread