FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last

Fashionisto
    Sorry man, but I gotta agree with what they said...

Trend Setter
    I suppose if it's only small you can get it worked into something else. At least it's not her name. Or a picture of her face or something.

i had no particular interest in getting a tattoo. It was because of her i got a tattoo. I don't have any problem with it.

Trend Setter
    So you got one because she told you to get one...?

Fashionisto
    That is completely against one of the top rules about getting a tattoo... DONT DO THAT D:

Trend Setter
    Im a fan of tattoos, how ever, i can always think of other things to spend my money on, I would rather buy new clothes. so on. I think there is a craze going on atm, with people getting generic tattoos strewn all over the place.

On the tattoos in work debate, its interesting, and something I had thought about, I like travis barkers approach when he started to get tattoo'd, he got them so it meant he would commit and go down the road he had chosen. Being a creative I think this is a bullish and determined approach if not a bit sugar coated. However would I really be that happy with a doctor with a sleeve treating me, Im not so sure. Good job we have long sleeved tops...

Fashionisto
    I remember my late great uncle who moved in with my grandma for company, we only just met him when he was around 80. He was a quiet man, a man from the war, a "desert rat" if I remember correctly. Anyways he's dressed rather immaculately, trousers, smart shirt but he would always roll it up to his elbows, showing his simply awesome sleeves. An 80 year old with such style and such awesome tattoo's on him, probably linked to his war days.

I'm a fan of tattoo's, I don't have any, I'd like one, I'm not a huge fan of sleeves (especially with the amount of heavy metal people getting sleeves "for the crack"), but my great uncle Arthur, he was a man.

I'm very, very torn. Like most, I've seen my fair share of terrible tattoos, and considering how my style and interests change so rapidly, I can easily see myself going off a tattoo design just a few years later. I also dislike tattoos on women, and nine times out of ten see them as a turn off. I'd hate for a woman to judge me negatively because I have a tattoo.

However, I do LOVE sleeve tattoos on men. Something like UFC fighter Thiago Silva:

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/figh...go-silva-5.jpg

I'm not sure I could every be tempted to get one, unless I could be 100% sure it wouldn't hinder my life chances.

Team tattoo (within reason)

On this discussion i would fall into "team tattoo" however dont feel a need to go get every inch of my , skin "inked up".

I myself currently have one tattoo of a quote on the inside of my bicep but planning for more. If they have a real reason for having a tattoo, such as memorial or a life rule. But when people get a tattoo to fit in and just for the look it may turn into a regret.

spikespiegel - i like the tattoos that Thiago Silva's has and is similar to what i want to have on my shoulder to remember my friend who passed away. If the is a story you want to remember on your skin for the rest of your life, go for it mate.

Trend Setter
    I've reached the conclusion that I need both arms sleeved as I've overcome a lot in the past few years and promised myself this treat if I made it out the other side. I would love some recommendations for UK artists? I would like it to incorporate some bio-mechanical elements and a few bits and pieces that have meaning to me. I live in Portsmouth which does have some decent artists but I'm not convinced any will live up to my expectations! I'm a perfectionist and would rather pay a premium for the right artist.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last