FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Hi there,

I've some imperfections too, mostly rednesses. I tried foundation once, it's the worst thing you could put on your face. I took it off immediately. Man's skin isn't made for foundation, or foundation aren't made for man's skin... Whatever it's always too obvious when a guy is wearing foundation. Even the "Grand Bluff" from Nickel is not really good, although much better and lighter than usual foundation.

A concealer is a good solution if you have local spots. Murad have some great stuff for acne, plus three concealers of different shade.

sheetal
    I think you dont have any makeup like women. see when you want to use this products then go for gent's saloon.

What's the benefits of using foundations and what is works is it lighten the skin color or protect our skin from harmful UV rays?
    Pleas do answer my question...

Quote Originally Posted by greezeeglow View Post
    What's the benefits of using foundations and what is works is it lighten the skin color or protect our skin from harmful UV rays?
    Pleas do answer my question...
    Foundation helps to perfect your skin tone and most foundation do bit of sun protection because it does cover the skin, and many foundations do come with SPF.

There are many men that I know who loose their confidence because of the look of their skin and this can affect their social life and wearing foundation just to do a bit of cover up can have a tremendous boost in a persons confidence.

There are a lot of natural looking foundations that are not noticeable at all you just have to apply it correctly with the right skin color and tone for your skin.

Fashionisto
    If this is anything to do with acne, then sit back, drink from a large cup of MTFU and solve this the way a man can. With gadgets.

Clarisonic Skin Care Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System, White: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

Buy one. 120ish is a ridiculous amount of money to drop on such a piece of equipment, I agree, but they work. Don't accept any cheap imitations. Don't roll the naff phillips one or any other cut-price alternative. Either way. Additional man points if you don't read the instruction manual. I will say they actually need a 24h charge right out the box though.

I've tried a couple of face-washes and I've settled on this:

Medibac by Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash 250ml: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty
    2&keywords=dermalogica+medibac

Don't worry about the cost - that bottle will last about six months when used twice daily with a clarisonic.

If you're looking at sorting out the tone of your skin, I can't help. I'm a pasty dude, and am actually reasonably comfortable with that.
    @eph89

Trend Setter
    I don't think putting anything like that on your face is gonna help you long term.
    If it's proper acne, then I would get proper acne treatment.
    If you're just a bit spotty, then the best thing you can do is let nature take its course.
    Foundation, concealer, anything that's make-up, will just clog up your pores and not let your skin heal itself.

When in my teens and had spots, I tried a clearasil type product, which could affect spots in the right, but just dried my skin right out, removes all the natural stuff that's supposed to be hanging around the dermis. Was washing with it twice a day. And then the first time I stopped using it, my face turned into a grease-bath, spot-riddled, it felt disgusting. I didn't want to be reliant on the clearasil, so stopped using it, waited for greasegate to end, and then all was fine.
    Haven't washed my face with anything but water since.

Like I say to missus if I'm near her when she's putting her make-up on in the morning..."please take that shit off yer face".

Easy to say, but harder to deal with in the short term, no doubt.
    I feel for you though, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
    Please don't. We are men, leave the make up for ladies.

Why don't try and just solve the actual problem and find a skin care product to clear up your acne/imperfections?

A product with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is fantastic for acne.
    Absolutely agreed. Although imperfections on your face might be causing you some stress, it would be much better for you particularly in the long run to fix the issue: L'Oreal do some great men's moisturisers and spot removing creams. If you have an important engagement coming, I wouldn't see the problem with using a little concealer, but most makeup will actually worsen the quality of your skin if used regularly

+ Reply to Thread