FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Ways To Cover Up Scars?

Hi guys,

have been reading this site for some time so thought I'd sign myself up. Anyway, I have a few scars from surgery some years back and although they have faded a bit, they haven't faded as quite as much as I'd like to.

I've heard of a few ways such as silicon gel sheets or a product called Mederma but not yet tried these options. I was wondering if anyone knows or from experience if there is any products out there to help conceal or even help fade the scars.

Cheers

Editor-In-Chief
    Not sure about concealing them mate but I am sure there would be some products out there that could - I am thinking men's make-up. Really depends on your view of it though and if you are comfortable wearing it.

I know for a fact that bio-oil has got a really good reputation after extended use. A lot of pregnant women use it for scars and stretch marks and swear by it. However, I haven't used it from personal experience.

Just thought it might be a cheaper and slightly more well known option than some of the more experimental products you mention above.

Good luck.
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Hi Ben, cheers for that I will have a look into it - im pretty comfortable with the scars its just that when it gets hot they tend to stand out alot more and become more of a bright red/pink colour and would like to try and reduce this so its not standing out as much

Try covering up with concealer first and then use a liquid foundation. Lastly put some loose powder on it.

tajdon
    I saw a product in the web called tattoo concealer by Kat Von D. It would probably work with scars too.

Last edited by tajdon; 17-04-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks guys, will have a look at these

+ Reply to Thread