FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

How Often Do You Get Your Hair Cut?

The questions in the title really.

I suppose these days I wait between 4 and 6 weeks, depending on how long I'm prepared to look like a tramp. I have a quiff so when the top grows to the extent that I can't style it, I'm left with a long, thick fringe that I have to keep pushing off my face to the side. Great if you're in an indie band, but for a guy who prefers the more refined look, its a pain.

Some people I know get their hair cut like every 2 weeks, which I think is fairly short. But then some go to the other extreme and have it cut like every 6 months!

What about you gents?

Style Icon
    I'm the same, 4-6 weeks. I can go longer, but any less and I can't really see the point: I might as well get a female friend to go over it with clippers and tidy it up.

Fashionisto
    It has varied for me in the past but since last June I’ve been going every 6-8 weeks to get it cut. Any longer and it just looks silly. I prefer to keep it as neat as I can but I must admit that I hate getting my hair cut anyway. I like mine at medium length too. I couldn’t imagine going every two weeks!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by likeeatingglass View Post
    It has varied for me in the past but since last June I’ve been going every 6-8 weeks to get it cut. Any longer and it just looks silly. I prefer to keep it as neat as I can but I must admit that I hate getting my hair cut anyway. I like mine at medium length too. I couldn’t imagine going every two weeks!
    See I'd say 6 weeks is quite a long time, but depends on how quick your hair grows.

I know 2 weeks is ridiculous! The guys who do that tend to have shaved, fancy clipper-styles that look stupid if they grow out even a little bit. I have had undercuts in the past, so I can understand.

Fashionisto
    My hair actually grows really quick but I always get it cut far later than I should. Anyway, I’m working on it... Six weeks is my aim from here on out.

Fashionisto
    I've always been told by my hair dresser around 6 weeks but usually it ends up being more like 2/3 months. It's easily been nearly 6 months at the moment though. I'm thinking about adapting my style a little bit so going for longer hair.
    Mark J Winter

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by markjwinter86 View Post
    I've always been told by my hair dresser around 6 weeks but usually it ends up being more like 2/3 months. It's easily been nearly 6 months at the moment though. I'm thinking about adapting my style a little bit so going for longer hair.
    Well, some people can go ages without having a haircut and still look good. For me, six months would be far too long. On top it would be fine (my hair is quite wavy) but the sides and back would be out of control! It just makes me look an idiot. I’ve gone six months before and it didn’t look great!

Are you not a fan of getting your haircut?

Fashionisto
    4 weeks for me. I book in after every appointment. I think my next one is a week on Tuesday, and my hair is already at an annoying length! The problem I have is the hair around my crown grows unruly very quickly, making it difficult for me to do anything with it.

3 - 4 weeks id say for me

Style Icon
    I got mine cut yesterday, after 4-5 weeks. Have to say, I'm now set on getting it cut much more regularly. It's not that much more money and life is so much better when your hair is controllable. Does the confidence wonders and makes your outfits better as well!

+ Reply to Thread