FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Style Icon
    In the, ahem, nether regions, I now trim, though still rather short. I wouldn't like a rainforest on a girl, so why should she demand any less of me?

I have been through the shaving phase and it's not good. Stubble hurts and the majority of girls I was with didn't like it. Feels bloody hygenic though...

Style Icon
    What do you all use? An electric...?

geo

Trend Setter
    Going to try the old trimming down there I think...better not risk the shaving. And surely more manly to have a bit of hair there?! Do you trim just the main bit or all over down there?
    Yeah, guess girls are just as justified to want guys to be trimmed as we are with girls...

geo

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    What do you all use? An electric...?
    Might an electric be a bit painful for such a sensitive area...or is it alright?

Style Icon
    Yes, perhaps, but it could be used to just trim, almost like the clippers at a hairdressers, if you get me.

Style Icon
    If you are going to use an electric, use the trimmer part rather than the shaver and don't actually touch the skin.

Be very wary of going near the ahem, crow jewels with one of those. If you really want to get rid of hair there you might have to find a less clumsy way.

geo

Trend Setter
    hmm probably best to stick to a scissor trim for a novice like me. Do you just sort out the main frontal area or the back as well if you get me..?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    hmm probably best to stick to a scissor trim for a novice like me. Do you just sort out the main frontal area or the back as well if you get me..?
    These days I use scissors over a fine tooth comb, this allows you to get a nice short finish overall and protects the skin. I feel that this combination is the safest way to do it.

And yes I do as much as I can without putting myself at danger or making things look unnatural. =)

Fashionisto
    Ha, it's not rocket science, I wouldn't worry about what design you go for. Just use some scissors to get rid of any dense foliage. Then, as Nath said use the trimmer part of the electric razor to clean things up and shape it to your liking. You might want to exfoliate afterwards to ward of any ingrown hairs. I also like to throw some sudocrem into the mix, I find its presence comforting.

If this method doesn't match your criteria you could go down the lighter / wet flannel route.

Trend Setter
    I obtained some good quality hairdresser scissors and trimmed everything, it's surprising how much better everything looks!

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last