FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last

DONT shave, stick to trimmings .....

I get my eyebrows threaded as I'm Indian, and if I don't I will get a monobrow (no joke!).

Used to wax my chest when at Uni but not I just don't have the time, and actually find that as I have fine hair it's hardly noticeable. I also used to shave my armpits, but now I just trim them.

For down below, I sometimes trim, sometimes shave. Normally I start out trimming, mess up and just shave it off to save time - it also feels cleaner. A tip for guys who do, just put some post-shave balm around after and you won't get any itching.

Hi guys, I am a naturally hairy person completely clueless about trimming. I would want to get a product that would trim and shape my beard & moustache and body hair (primarily chest hair), but can't afford to buy multiple products. Should I buy a grooming kit?

Harry, I have one of these
    Braun cruZer 6 Beard and Head 3-in-1 Trimmer and Clipper: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

It will do everything you need, I shave my beard and head with it so it will easily deal with chest hair. Its waterproof too so can be used in the shower which i find saves a lot of cleaning up, then have the older version for the rest of me.

Fashionisto
    Personally speaking, I adhere to a set of rules I set myself when it comes to body grooming.

Chest - Never shaved, never waxed - only thing I do is, when i've got a date coming up or something, I will trim down the hair around the nipples as for some weird reason it seems to grow unreasonably long there!

Legs - Leave as they are

Arms - Leave as they are

Armpits - Trim it every few weeks as hair sprouting out your pits isn't too hot really

Back - Fortunately I don't have a hairy back!

Bollocks/Pubic Region - this is the trickiest part!! When i'm single, no women on the horizon etc. I don't bother if i'm honest. Nobody is going to see it! However when there's a date coming up I trim it down and do a bit of manscaping. Basically I trim everything down, Veet my bollocks (can be bloody dangerous but less risky than shaving!) and Veet my upper thigh closest to that region. That's the most i'm willing to do really, and the Veeting of my bollocks is only out of courtesy if i'm honest.

I mean, I wouldn't put my mouth anywhere near a woman who looked like one of the Jackson 5 down there, and I'm sure no woman wants a mouth full of hair either.

I do have a mate who Veets his gooch though but there is absolutely no chance at all I could do that!! That is just a step too far for me!

Well, i think what you get in a natural way suits you, all you need to maintain daily routines.

Fashionisto
    chest: trimmed
    around belly button: trimmed
    pubes: trimmed
    armpits: shaved

Style Icon
    Shaved armpits? Is this a new trend?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by NJT1986 View Post
    Personally speaking, I adhere to a set of rules I set myself when it comes to body grooming.

Chest - Never shaved, never waxed - only thing I do is, when i've got a date coming up or something, I will trim down the hair around the nipples as for some weird reason it seems to grow unreasonably long there!

Legs - Leave as they are

Arms - Leave as they are

Armpits - Trim it every few weeks as hair sprouting out your pits isn't too hot really

Back - Fortunately I don't have a hairy back!

Bollocks/Pubic Region - this is the trickiest part!! When i'm single, no women on the horizon etc. I don't bother if i'm honest. Nobody is going to see it! However when there's a date coming up I trim it down and do a bit of manscaping. Basically I trim everything down, Veet my bollocks (can be bloody dangerous but less risky than shaving!) and Veet my upper thigh closest to that region. That's the most i'm willing to do really, and the Veeting of my bollocks is only out of courtesy if i'm honest.

I mean, I wouldn't put my mouth anywhere near a woman who looked like one of the Jackson 5 down there, and I'm sure no woman wants a mouth full of hair either.

I do have a mate who Veets his gooch though but there is absolutely no chance at all I could do that!! That is just a step too far for me!
    I actually like a bush on a woman, but the rest I have to agree with, if she let her bum, pits and nipples get out of hand I would have to say something.

But, really. Are men supposed to do this stuff now? I'm mid 30's and shaved around my dick and balls, once, and will never do it again. I'm not ridiculously hairy, not at all, but reading that is kind of worrying. I don't want my other half to be like, ewww.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    Shaved armpits? Is this a new trend?
    It's cleaner and definitely looks and feels better. you heard it here first

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 Last