FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Style Icon

Body Grooming

Yes, I know. Even on a men's fashion website (and one that has already covered fake tanning and foundation), I know there will be some guys squirming when they see this thread. But you know what they say, "the whole point of getting dressed is to get undressed".

The sad thing is, unfortunately, that somewhere in our evolutionary history, natural selection decided that us gents should have alot more body hair than the fairer sex. Until recently, that was balanced out by good old culture, which decided that was okay. But things are changing, and this site is evidence of that!

But don't fear, this isn't a thread devoted to body hair but to all grooming not restricted to the top of your head: how often you you shave? Do you pluck your eyebrows? What about chest, back and other body hair, if you have any?

I find that it is this kind of grooming that takes up most of my life. I'm a fanatical eyebrow groomer and although I have little body hair, that occasionally has to be kept in check as well.

What about you guys?

Trend Setter
    I don't have much hair on my chest and back, but I have considered a back, sack & crack in the past, I just didn't have the nerve to go through with it. I have a feeling it would be nice a cool for the summer and definitely more hygienic.

Style Icon
    If I didn't have such hairy legs I would probably do the above aha. Strangely enough I've met alot of girls who don't like body grooming on guys. My ex used to really tell me off for it.

geo

Fashionisto
    Haven't really done much before...except eyebrows, nothing worse than a monobrow!

Wonder though without being too graphic! if any guys bother doing anything in the nether regions if you know what I mean? Thinking of doing something but not sure whether shaving is better or trimming? Anyone have experience on this

Fashionisto
    Trimming for me, you feel better if you are sweating in gym or on general sunny day and less itching than shaving.

I think natural thing is best..we must not try such a hard things!

geo

Fashionisto
    Guess I might give trimming a go first rather than full on shaving. Anyone else prefer to shave or trim etc?

Trend Setter
    Don't shave, it will itch like anything when it starts to grow back. Like mogli said, stick to trimming.

geo

Fashionisto
    Yeah, doesn't sound pleasant. Do you trim quite short or just a little bit..and does it grow back very coarse or similar?

FashionBeans Staff
    Definitely stick to trimming, length is entirely personal preference. Any sort of unnecessary body grooming is ridiculous. It looks far stranger to see a man that has a unnaturally smooth chest etc than a man that embraces his fuzz. I can understand backs though.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last