FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

What To Ask Hairdresser For To Get Quiff Style?

Hey guys

So i know taking a pic in is the best way to get what you want, but my hairdresser seems to like cutting the same style reguardless of any pics i bring in, so basically i wanted to know what to ask for to get the style i want instruction wise...

So basically i currently have a generic 3 back and sides, short/medium on top.

What i want to get to is something like this quiff style

http://www.funkyhead.co.uk/wp-conten...ham-Tattoo.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d3zcPN77Dt...43.18%2BPM.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AACHpAZ9Ur...anny+kelly.JPG

Those are from a quick google image search, but that sort of style...

Also can anyone recommend the products / routine i should follow to self style, as i know the cut is only half (or less) of the work!

Is the key to these styles just short back and sides with a longer fringe than normal swept back/up ? or is there more to it? can rarley see the back!

Cheers guys!

Fashionisto
    1. CHANGE YOUR BARBER. Mine does anything and everything I ask him to, with his own touches of course. Instead of being worried about the outcome and whether he'll do it right, just ditch him! Look at internet reviews for hairdressers in your area. Don't be afraid to spend a little extra the first time to get the style right, then you could go back to your existing barber and he'll know the style and will have an easier time cutting it correctly.

I have a similar style and this is what I do to style:
    1. Blow dry all the hair except the fringe. Then use mouse/ root lifting foam and blow dry the fringe up.
    2. Use some wax/ cream. I recommend this: American Crew Forming Cream 85g - Free Delivery - feelunique.com Just run it through with your fingers for a more natural look. Or use a comb for a neat look.
    3. (Optional) Spray a small amount of hairspray on the quiff.

Hope this helps,

Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel! View Post
    1. CHANGE YOUR BARBER. Mine does anything and everything I ask him to, with his own touches of course. Instead of being worried about the outcome and whether he'll do it right, just ditch him! Look at internet reviews for hairdressers in your area. Don't be afraid to spend a little extra the first time to get the style right, then you could go back to your existing barber and he'll know the style and will have an easier time cutting it correctly.

I have a similar style and this is what I do to style:
    1. Blow dry all the hair except the fringe. Then use mouse/ root lifting foam and blow dry the fringe up.
    2. Use some wax/ cream. I recommend this: American Crew Forming Cream 85g - Free Delivery - feelunique.com Just run it through with your fingers for a more natural look. Or use a comb for a neat look.
    3. (Optional) Spray a small amount of hairspray on the quiff.

Hope this helps,

Joel.
    thanks ill give hik another try and see how it goes, i have a thing about just leaving them as my whole family get their hair done there, might be a bit award, but i can see the point if they arent doing what i want. Im back at uni next month so can use that as an excuse not to go back. Costs me 20 a time which isnt cheap but not sure how highly priced i should go!

I just bought some KMS sea salt spray i hear is good for the volume and some hairbond moulder based off reviews on here so hopefully they do a good job, will look into mouse if i have issues.

So is it as i said cut wise? short around and much longer on top? Just want to make sure i understand it as you rarely see it unstyled! (from what i can see in your display pic thats what im going for so would be useful to have some more info)

Fashionisto
    Yes, pretty shot back and sides. My length is 4 if I remember correctly. Mines much longer on top (Fringe just hits the top of my eyebrows when fully down) but that's just personal preference. What colour is your hair by the way? Mine costs about the same, I personally wouldn't go about 30 for a restyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel! View Post
    Yes, pretty shot back and sides. My length is 4 if I remember correctly. Mines much longer on top (Fringe just hits the top of my eyebrows when fully down) but that's just personal preference. What colour is your hair by the way? Mine costs about the same, I personally wouldn't go about 30 for a restyle.
    Ah i go for 3 and probably a 4-5 on top and short fringe at the moment so will probably have to grow fringe out but keep sides and back at a 3? what about on top of your head length wise? as long as the fringe?

hair is brown kind of mid shade. I get hair cut every 4-6 weeks so more than 30 on a student budget would be to much i think!

currently cut a bit like this, bit longer on top: http://static.fashionbeans.com/wp-co...airstyling.jpg

+ Reply to Thread