FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

What Are Your Opinions On The Moustache?

I've kept mine growing from Movember and I'm loving it! Very gentlemanly.

So what are your opinions? Is it something you'd go for nowadays or avoid till you're 40?

Curiosity calls.

FashionBeans Staff
    Dangerous, but also daring and when treated correctly quite the accessory. You do have to be very careful, I've seen some hopeless moustaches.

Fashionisto
    To be honest I'm not a fan of moustaches as only a few people can actually pull them off and look stylish. I've noticed that those who do pull them off often dress in a vintage style which compliments their moustache. I guess what I'm saying is that if you have a moustache it should fit your overall look or style.

Trend Setter
    I'm growing one. I'm full beard just now and after a few more weeks I'll be going to get the beard trimmed and the tache waxed.

I'm going to look like the dogs' balls. Quite literally perhaps.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

J8x

Trend Setter
    Excluding the odd bad ass, a moustache should only be worn with matching beard.

Agreed with j8X But you need to take regular care on it..

Here is the useful link -how to trim you Moustache ?
    How to Trim Your Mustache: An Illustrated Guide | The Art of Manliness

Agreed with J8x, only a very few individuals can pull off a single moustache. The best ones are accompanied by an equally magnificent beard.

THM

Fashionisto
    Personally, I think they're generally a bit too try-hard and hipster but they can occasionally work ok. My view is probably tainted by the endless out of context 'tash accessories that have flooded the market over the last year or two - 'tash jumpers, 'tash phone cases, 'tash finger tattoos and yesterday I even saw a 'tash sticker on the front of a car. (I'm annoying myself saying 'tash so much - maybe I'm just in a bad mood!).

Fashionisto
    I agree with almost everything stated above. However, I think that it has got to be a case-by-case basis. For example, I am currently living in Louisiana, which is a hick state with little-to-no fashion. They wear camo, and not in the cool way...

That being said, I grew my moustache out with my beard and then shaved my beard, leaving the moustache, threw some wax in it, and had a handlebar in seconds. No one in my city does that so I liked it. They can continue having moustaches on their phone cases. I'll have one on my face.

It's all about the attitude !

+ Reply to Thread